Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

To Sell Or Not To Sell

alphacat

I have a 2005 (November) MK2 (6) speed SC430 In Black with Ivory Leather and Walnut. Its brilliant and I love it.. but the thing is we also have a Jaguar its only a 3ltr X type but my wife loves it and its manual which is what she is used too.. We have a 9 year old daughter who is growing (fast).

at present we can all get in the Lexus for days out but going to the airport with luggage etc is out of the question and we have to use the Jag.

If I go away of course the 430 is great its even more economical (not that it matters) than the Jag.. I used to go away often and I was semi retired but now I am working less and less. We just don't need two cars. The 430SC costs obviously its only £280 road tax and I only pay about £240 insurance but that plus servicing all adds up and then there is depreciation. I am thinking of doing the unthinkable and selling the Lexus......... Eventually I may get rid of the Jag and get another Lexus but one big enough to be all things to all people.. But that's plan B the Jag is worth very little.. The Lexus about £12000 I should think .....

What would you do ?????

Hi mate

Before you sell why don't you put the sc on a sorn ,and see how often you wish you could use it ,after all it's your love and if you come to regret selling could you find another as good as yours with a fresh paint job .

If possible I would be tempted to try and keep both, ok its
£500 a year to keep the SC on the road, and yes deprecation, but you mentioned
that the Jag is worth very little so it sounds like you only really have
deprecation on one car.

Hi mate

Before you sell why don't you put the sc on a sorn ,and see how often you wish you could use it ,after all it's your love and if you come to regret selling could you find another as good as yours with a fresh paint job .

I have recently had the paint sorted so mines not bad but I take your point.. Trouble is in the Summer you want to use it all the time and in the winter the demand and therefore the price of convertibles does drop in real terms.

If possible I would be tempted to try and keep both, ok its

£500 a year to keep the SC on the road, and yes deprecation, but you mentioned

that the Jag is worth very little so it sounds like you only really have

deprecation on one car.

Yes that's true... and I went out with my daughter today roof down and sun shining fed the ducks at the lake in Thornton le Dale had an ice cream looked in the classic car garage (there was an auction on and I never seen one car I would want instead of the 430SC) great day out. Just what the car is for...... MMMM and its taxed tell next year and I have just paid the insurance..... maybe next year ... I am going off the idea of selling it..

Maybe the best idea, keep the SC430, you wouldn't want to be selling it on the LOC forums without being a gold member would you? :)

What's a gold member and why would it make me want to sell?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links