Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Car Feels Unstable At Speed

Hi Guys,

Went on the motorway last weekend, my car felt really unstable at speeds above 50mph. I kept having to adjust the steering wheel, and felt like the car was being blown around, although it was not windy at all.

Any ideas on what could be the problem? Wheel alinement was done in March, and I recently changed alloys, from the 11 spokes, to the 5 spokes. All wheels were balanced.

Thanks in advance!

was there uneven tyre wear before you changed the tyres? Could be the geo needs setting up. A trip to WIM (Wheels in Motion, near hemel hempstead) is well worth the time and money.

Tyre wear looked even before I changed them. I've only had the car since January. I drove it home the day I brought it on the motorway and it felt fine.

Geometry, agree....contact Tony at Wheels in Motion as suggested. Mine was the same until I drove down the M1 for treatment!

Yep, I agree with others - get Tony to check the geometry. I travelled all the way down from Scotland to have him adjust mine, and it was definitely worth doing.

Sat in Wheels on Motion right now having them sort out geometry on my 2003 is200. Looking forward to the drive home!

Has it sorted the problem and how did it feel?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links