Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Guys, I am stumped with the different variants of systems on the lexus

how does one update the maps on this? is this the 14 speaker ML system? Of course it does not work (as per my other posts). I am trying to get my head around the system.

There was a service from Lexus in the pocket manual book and it said is250 Multimedia edition.

cheers

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ugsnwcxfmcwsuot/20140601_145426.jpg

That is the Mark Levinson sound system you have in the car ... does the service book not refer to the model of IS you have as there is a Multimedia edition but I don't know what the difference in the kit is from other models but your documents should show the model description.

What year is the car ... 2008?

The older versions can only be updated by replacing the sat nav disc - I am pretty sure at some point after 2008 there was a hard disc introduced making it easier to update.

nothing in the service manual about version, but it was at lexus a few months ago for tyres and they had multimedia edition on the receipt.

is this the way to update?

i got no 'tools' to prise out the fascia, can precision screwdrivers work?

http://www.ehow.co.uk/how_7495651_update-satellite-navigation-lexus-250.html

I haven't had the need to update mine although its the 2007 edition - it has got me to where I have wanted to go with no problems.

Updated discs come up on eBay regularly there are a few on there at the moment between £30 and £50 for 2007 up to 2010 versions.

I have never taken the disc out of mine ... to be honest I would not know how so would be interested to hear from someone who has done this - there is a small hole on the clock panel that I think may have something to do with removing the disc. Mine is working fine so I am leaving well alone but would be handy to know how to open this for future reference.

If I was you I would do a check on the caliper slide pins before looking to update the sat nav as you could prevent the calipers from seizing and at approx £350 per corner for a new caliper you could prevent this cost and have peace of mind they are clean and greased up - they are notorious for seizing and its a handy thing to do just for an understanding on how they work. Takes 15 mins per side.

Its a good idea to do this anyway so you can check the locking wheel nuts also haven't seized and you get caught out when you have a flat...

• Like 1

Hi Eric, I think you have the mm system on your car but the removal of the map dvd should be the same regardless , because I have ordered a update I wanted to remove the old disc for reference.... I also had the removal tools missing from the toolkit, well I had all the toolkit missing !!!!! I used some very small brass rod approx. 1mm thickness by 50to 60mm long one piece for each side. slide the rods into the small holes each side of the clock panel, when I did mine there was quite a lot of resistance ...the pins/rods or what ever you use need to go into the panel about 30-40mm ...(.there are sprung clips each side of the panel which the release pins push on ) if you ease on the release pins the clock panel should come away from the main panel, don't use a screw driver to ease the panel out or you will mark the dash !! the thing is Eric if your display screen is not functional you will not be able to get the dvd out , you need the screen to do everything .ive put some photos that might explain better. good luck,

Allan

post-50134-0-11164100-1401740024_thumb.j

post-50134-0-91782500-1401740033_thumb.j

post-50134-0-31806100-1401740230_thumb.j

post-50134-0-04521200-1401740239_thumb.j

post-50134-0-22866700-1401740327_thumb.j

post-50134-0-26135200-1401740342_thumb.j

• Like 1

just to add to noo bie s post, if you do need calipers/discs you can get genuine lexus ones off eBay , I paid £ 99.00 for each rear caliper from lexus Sheffield and paid £ 139. for two rear discs and pads and £139. for two front discs and pads from lexus Edinburgh.

Allan

how do i take off the plastic surround on the gear stick?!!

i seen videos on you tube and a guy just lifts it up without a bother, i was killing myself to get it up without luck, and i marked the trim also. :(

i got a trim tool in Halfords but still no luck, how does this plastic get out?

To remove the clock panel all you need was 2 suction cups but hey whatever works for you...

As for the plastic trim around the gears that's a piece of cake too, ive done it several times

try this guide:

http://snapguide.com/guides/fix-the-touchscreen-in-a-lexus-is350/

have you any more info on how to get the plastic trim off, that guide doesn't say much! i have been killing myself to get them off.

must be doing something wrong, is there an angle to take them off? I have marked some of the trim in my effort.

*sign

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links