Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Odd Marketing Letter - Really Good Deal Or Clever Sales Tactic?

Hi there,

Wondering if any other owners out there have received an unusual marketing letter from their local dealer? It tempts you into calling their sales team with an offer based on a 'unique offer of value' specific to your current car and customer profile held by Lexus UK.

After talking it through with the sales guy, it still sounds rather odd and potentially a good deal. Basically, he said Lexus UK have pre-approved some existing owners for a deal that's apparently the best they've even done to upgrade to a new or less than year old user car. He said it works that you negotiate the best price available from the dealer, which they've been told to be as generous on as they ever would regardless of this deal and include usual part-ex discounts etc. Then AFTER agreeing the price at the dealer, there's a unique reference code (that only I have on the letter), which corresponds to an additional and supposedly significant discount Lexus UK will make on top of price agreed with the dealer, which the dealer isn't liable for. Then, as the final sweetener, if you take this price, they're offering a 0% finance deal for 2, 3 or 4 years, which is supposedly the first time Lexus UK has offered this rate.

Overall, if I were looking to upgrade - and I kind of am, it's just a few months earlier than intended - this seems to be a very good deal. However, I'm not involved in the trade at all and have only bought once from a Lexus dealer before, so this is a little new to me.

Would appreciate any views or advice from others who may have received a similar letter or if someone can make a better assessment of the supposedly amazing deal than me?

Thanks,

Nick

It sounds fairly decent. The 0% finance deal is pretty good for obvious reasons but I reckon there will be a limit on how much they will give. For example, if Lexus UK is contributing, there may be a clause whereby your Lexus dealer only gives you £1k discount instead of £2.

I would say, it seems a good deal so definitely check out what they offer you and then get back to us! Let us know of which car you are thinking of, which spec and the deal that they give you overall and let us know so we can help you further.

I havent received any letter like that and ive been a Lexus customer since 2004

Nothing to lose by getting prices from dealers and also P/X figure. Worth trying more than 1 dealer so you get a comparison then see what Lexus are offering in addition. Always worth a punt even if just to satisfy your curiosity. You don't need to actually complete a deal unless you feel it is too good to miss.

I haven't had letter yet either and Lexus main dealer customer since 2002! Presume my Lex is too old!

Hi there,

Wondering if any other owners out there have received an unusual marketing letter from their local dealer? It tempts you into calling their sales team with an offer based on a 'unique offer of value' specific to your current car and customer profile held by Lexus UK.

After talking it through with the sales guy, it still sounds rather odd and potentially a good deal. Basically, he said Lexus UK have pre-approved some existing owners for a deal that's apparently the best they've even done to upgrade to a new or less than year old user car. He said it works that you negotiate the best price available from the dealer, which they've been told to be as generous on as they ever would regardless of this deal and include usual part-ex discounts etc. Then AFTER agreeing the price at the dealer, there's a unique reference code (that only I have on the letter), which corresponds to an additional and supposedly significant discount Lexus UK will make on top of price agreed with the dealer, which the dealer isn't liable for. Then, as the final sweetener, if you take this price, they're offering a 0% finance deal for 2, 3 or 4 years, which is supposedly the first time Lexus UK has offered this rate.

Overall, if I were looking to upgrade - and I kind of am, it's just a few months earlier than intended - this seems to be a very good deal. However, I'm not involved in the trade at all and have only bought once from a Lexus dealer before, so this is a little new to me.

Would appreciate any views or advice from others who may have received a similar letter or if someone can make a better assessment of the supposedly amazing deal than me?

Thanks,

Nick

Yes, I've had one too!

They want to shift motors before the end of June....in a nutshell!!

Hi there,

Thanks,

Nick

Yes, I've had one too!

They want to shift motors before the end of June....in a nutshell!!

which dealers are this from? I want one because my wife is actually looking to buy a car!

I would ignore the offer blurb, just look at the bottom line price, I can't believe that the dealers don't know what's on offer and who has access to it (maybe via name or number plate on your existing car) and can set up a price deal accordingly.....

Well, both me and Normski now live in Dorset (I've not updated my bio yet), so maybe it's just Lexus Poole finding a creative way to shift cars before the end of quarter.

Had a chat to one of my mates in the trade too and he says they're under a lot of pressure to hit their basic target this quarter and only have a few days left to do it, so could be doing much better deals than normal.

Thanks for all your comments too. I'm going to look into it and see just how good the overall deal is.

Well, both me and Normski now live in Dorset (I've not updated my bio yet), so maybe it's just Lexus Poole finding a creative way to shift cars before the end of quarter.

Had a chat to one of my mates in the trade too and he says they're under a lot of pressure to hit their basic target this quarter and only have a few days left to do it, so could be doing much better deals than normal.

Thanks for all your comments too. I'm going to look into it and see just how good the overall deal is.

Seems like a good bet. Keep us posted

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links