Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Is 250 Hid Headlamp Igniter Problem

Hello all please can anyone help with HID headlamp igniter problem? Recently had a HID bulb replaced and now bulb stopped working. Took it back for a check as bulb was replaced by Lexus dealer, was told that the igniter is the problem and there is nothing wrong with bulb. Please can anyone help on this issue? It's URGENT. Thanks all and wait to hear your expert advice on this. Cheers all

If the igniter is faulty, then the igniter needs replacement.

They don't go faulty often, but they can break. Ideally, I'd want to test the igniter with 2 different bulbs (just because the igniter is expensive and very dfificult to replace).

It's a big job to replace it, as the whole sealed unit needs to be disassembled - or at least the headlight aiming mechanism needs to be removed, in order to get access to the igniter.

Thanks Mark. (ChumpuxRex)

I was told it was tested with another bulb but still did not work. Was then told I have to buy a complete new headlamp. Please is this true? Is there no other alternative peeps as I see the dealer trying to play a fast one because they replaced the HID bulb couple of months ago how come this was not noticed then because now I took it back as a return job they come up with a whole new fault. Please peeps help me out here.

It depends on the exact model of the headlamp.

The service manual I have says that the igniter can be replaced, but you need to remove the headlamp swivel motors to get to it.

However, I've seem posts on other forums that say that the igniter cannot be replaced, as it is sealed inside the headlamp sealed unit. There are some youtube tutorials that show how to break open the sealed unit to get to the igniter, and then reseal it.

Looks easy in video but isn't really????? I personally would attempt it rather buying second hand headlight as ballast could b faulty aswell @ back to square 1 or New 1 would b rather expensive I would buy ballast from eBay good luck when I watched video on how to clean egr it looked easy but I done it wasn't easy but saved myself serious amount of money so when u put it mind to it anything is possible go for it change ballast ur self that is how u learn

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links