Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi,

I had a really annoying bump on a skip next to me in the drive reversing out. As a result I have:

1. A crack and chunk out of the wing mirror *casing* / cover.

2. Shattered mirror glass.

I have done a quote at 1stchoiceparts and they want to sell me the whole mirror as I am sure the main dealer will want to do. The heating and electronic adjustment of the mirror work fine so I just need the mirror glass and cover.

Any idea where I could get these?

It's for a blue 2006 06 plate GS450h SE.

Any advice on this and in fact parts in general avoiding main dealer charges on kit would be most helpful. Thanks in advance.

Richard

Mirror glass is £220.00 at Lexus, the colour coded cover is £75.00.

You be very lucky to find a breaker willing to sell just the cover and glass when they can sell the whole unit.

As far as I am aware there are no after market alternatives apart from those tacky stick on over mirrors.

The cover isn't a bad price, I've just forked out £87.00 on one for a Landrover one I hit and broke with my van.

Parts are generally cheaper from the Lexus USA but remember to order the correct side and beware of HMRC charges.

Thank you for the reply. I appreciate it. That's a lot for a piece of glass! On 170K, the tacky option may be preferable sadly. Good price for the cover though.

I gathered that very quickly about the breaker. Makes sense I guess considering they have a valuable wing mirror.

Thanks again.

I cracked my mirror casing reversing into my garage (doh) in the 08 gs450 I had ....got complete mirror casing for around £80 sent from lexus Poole .....only needed inner part but only sells as a complete unit ... Still got outer bit brand new but it's black

On mine some guy managed to take it off by cutting the corner , the driver side and i have really researched about a week to find one but i managed to find one from Poland for £125 , the whole mirror assembly. I would suggest you to do the same, there are a few more on eBay US but the shipping is about 60$. This is the price from Lexus for the whole assembly : The part number you require is 87901-30250-B1 - MIRROR SUB-ASSY, OUTER REAR VIEW, RH , PREMIUM SILVER,1F2. The price is shown as £381.01.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251488572317?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links