Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Ev Mode In Carparks

PWOOD

I have just had another incident of someone not looking and being in front of me. I was so concerned they were not going to realise I was there despite being almost stopped for some time awaiting them crossing I used the horn (first time I have ever used it) very quickly to be sure. The look I got of puzzlement despite it being pretty obvious why I had sounded the horn has left me a bit concerned about car parks even more than ever when cars running on Battery which it always does. the funny electronic noise the car emmits doesnt seem too register with people. How do you folks find car parks.

I always revers in to a parking space so you can drive straight out. This means I am reversing into a closed space where people are unlikely to walk and can then drive out forward being able to see people and can wait for them to move out the way before moving off. However if they are stood in your way chatting then a short horn toot may be the only answer unless you get out and ask them to move on. Or you could turn the radio up.

I hate using the horn as it frightens people and briefly considered the options before seeing the chap moving to the side then turn around oblivious to his surroundings. I have been left a tad shook up by the chaps wife or relative who despite facing the other way at the time and well ahead proceeded to stare deliberately at my car all round the car park. I even waited after sounding the horn for the chap to cross over!

I have read the Nissan Leaf has two horns one for pedestrians not sure if its true but seems like a good idea

I have read the Nissan Leaf has two horns one for pedestrians not sure if its true but seems like a good idea

Not sure about the Leaf, but I know the Ampera does have an additional pedestrian horn.

Use of the horn is probably what the authorities would approve of since it is just supposed to mean " I am here" however, in modern driving conditions, it seems to be taken as some sort of rebuke which ranges from impatience to gross personal insult. I find that turning on the radio and turning up the volume gets pedestrian and cyclists attention without questioning their parentage.

I still get the strange looks but this time they wonder what it is I find so fascinating about the weather forecast (or whatever else happens to be on radio4).

Yeah I usually turn stereo low in carparks to avoid distraction and appear like a boy racer! i'm going to resort to more volume as a few of you have suggested. Horn is wrongly used a lot these days and as you say people immediately go on the defensive for no reason.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links