Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I Miss My Ls400, But I'm Loving This Classic Eunos Mx5

A few months ago my LS400 died. It was a sad day. Yesterday, I saw a fellow member's LS400, by chance, at a local garage. It looked beautiful and is a credit to his owner. It brought back many happy memories. However, in the meantime, and whilst I search for another Lexus, I bought a beautiful red Eunos MX5 from a member of the MX5 owner's club. It is fantastic fun, in a very different way to the Lexus, and whilst this beautiful weather is hitting south Cheshire it has been a blast with the roof down.

It is a completely standard 1992 import with around 46k miles on it. Since these photos were taken, the only things that have changed are that the 'wood' interior was removed (Eunos wood is a plastic veneer unlike what you'd expect in a Lexus) and I've put a chrome filler cap (gift from SWMBO who I think felt sorry for me given that she knew how much I loved my LS). Anyway, photo time (with the old girl in the background :msn-cry: ):

mx5_1.jpg

mx5_2.jpg

mx5_3.jpg

mx5_4.jpg3

mx5_5.jpg

mx5_6.jpg

mx5_7.jpg

Talk about chalk and cheese! :)

I had a Eunos - also red - back in about 1999; so much fun at quite manageable speeds.

Fantastic cars and, like the LS400, a game changer. Enjoy the Summer!

Thanks, yes definitely chalk and cheese but this was too good an opportunity to pass up when it came my way. I'm seriously thinking about buying another LS or GS and having them on/off the road at 6 month intervals. Not sure I want to maintain both all the time given the small number of miles I do each year. I'll see what turns up.

I'm in the process of going the other way - I sold my MX-5 last week and am looking for a nice IS 250 SE-L for my (new) daily commute.

I've always had interesting and fun cars (Porsche 944, 928, 911, BMW M5, Z4M), but in many ways the MX-5 was the most fun to drive - especially at speeds where you didn't have to worry about losing your licence.

I can certainly imagine having another one in the future.

I went the other way (so to speak). My classic/weekend car was a 1999 MX-5. Wonderful car, how they get that ride / handling compromise I do not know. I wanted luxury on my day trips out so bought a 400, which is sublime. My main car, an Octavia is brilliant, but not really luxurious. It depends on what your main car is, I think. If I upgrade to a Superb, I may get another ragtop instead of the 400. I also fancy a classic van but at 5 cars in the family my wife is starting to raise objections now

I also fancy a classic van but at 5 cars in the family my wife is starting to raise objections now

Hmmm. I've stopped mentioning the new cars to my OH! :) Got two parked up in storage that I haven't 'fessed up to yet. :innocent:

Owned two mx5, wonderful cars...I was looking for a mk2 sport model when we fell for our current z3...it may not have the joi de vivre of an mx5 but it's build quality was so much better and I for similar money...I love the wee z3 retro looks and simple reliability...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links