Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

After months of deliberation, I have decided to treat myself to a GS450h. On Monday, I will be viewing one at a Lexus dealer with the intention of replacing my ever-rugged IS200.

The GS450h in question was first registered on January 2007, is an SE-L spec, finished in Windsor Blue, and looks like this:

media_zpse9d1b7d9.jpg

media3_zps2222e032.jpg

media1_zps0df2b591.jpg

This car has travelled 67k miles, has full Lexus service history, and one previous owner. I was also told that the valve-spring recall has been carried out on this car.

Apart from the usual inspections for used cars, I gather that the following two points are of specific interest to the 3rd-gen GS:

- creaks and rattles from the interior

- seizing rear brake calipers

I will insist on a (suitably) long test drive to look out for these points. Apart from that, is there anything else that I should be aware of?

Hopefully it all goes well - Monday couldn't come sooner :)

• Like 1

Congratulations :) :) what a lovely car Ganesh.

I must admit, I have been toying with the idea of selling the Mazda RX8 and the Peugeot 407 Coupe and with the money get a GS450h .... but then I have still not decided ... :( I am trying to organise a meet for mid of August... come along ;)

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/topic/92155-south-east-bluewater-meeting-kent-essex-london-sussex-15-16-17-august-2014/

• Like 1

Thanks Vasilis :)

I am slowly falling in love with the GS450h. It is indeed a brilliant car. I'm averaging 35mpg for my commute (was 30 mpg with the IS200). I just wish the interior was as solid as the IS200's.

Looking forward to the meet at bluewater!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links