Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Newbie Looking At Is-F

Planning to pick up the IS-F soon and wanted to see if there were any items (other than spare keys / service history / manuals etc. ( that should be with the car. Limited toolkit and jack possibly - or is there anything else ?

Also, where best can I see the engine number ?

Cheers,

Gavan

Congrats on the car, you won't be disappointed! One thing to check is the wheels. Each one is specific to each corner, the spokes are designed to suck air into the wheel to cool the discs as they spin, so the fat side of the blade should be on the left side, when the blade is at the top of the wheel. Also ask if the nav disc has been updated. Other than that, enjoy!!

Oh, on your drive home put it in sport mode with the box in manual, and nail it. Change up at 6000 rpm and down at 5000rpm. You'll hear it blip the throttle for you and nearly pass out with excitement!

Collected the car - and then spent 6 hours driving from Southampton to Holyhead.

First impressions are that it is everything I hoped it would be - comfortable, fast (when you want to) and serene when you just want to cruise. All the gadgets to wile away time in traffic jams but they don't get in the way of the driving experience.

Many happy hours of getting to know the car ahead......pics to follow.

Still have to try the throttle blip Damien - maybe on the way to the NCT.

Gavan

• Like 1

I have noticed prices are all over the place.

There is a red one for sale on Auto Trader priced at £28,995. That one was with RRG ROCHDALE a few weeks ago priced at £23,995. Not quite sure how they can justify increasing the price by £5k just because now it's down south with a Lexus dealer! Crazy. However it does help current owners with their values.

I've seen that one when it was at Toyota. It's advertised and priced as a 2010 car but it's just a 2009 model registered late. So no LSD, DAB etc. £23k was about right but £29k no way! I offered the Lexus dealer £23k and they again said its a 2010 so worth £29k. I agreed that if it was a 2010 model build then may be worth about £26 tops.

In Kildare, about 45mins from Dublin docks, around the same from Dun laoghaire which is another port the ferries from Holyhead use. Sure let me know when your trip is, if I'm free we could have a show and tell! I'm sure some of me petrol head mates would come along to see another F!

In Kildare, about 45mins from Dublin docks, around the same from Dun laoghaire which is another port the ferries from Holyhead use. Sure let me know when your trip is, if I'm free we could have a show and tell! I'm sure some of me petrol head mates would come along to see another F!

Will do mate

Damien, based in Dublin alright. Looked at a few this side of the water but couldn't land the right one.

Think I saw your car at Cars & Coffee a couple of weeks ago ? Looks great in the silver with the dark wheels.

Gavan

Yep that's me alright Gavan, haven't seen another F at a cars and coffee so it'd be nice to spot one! Stick some pics up here and backroads when you get a chance.

There was a white F for sale for a long time in Ireland, on at 30k, but I heard it had heavy frontal damage and was poorly repaired.

Yours now brings the total number of ISFs in Ireland to 7. So still rare in my book. What mileage is on yours??

anyone got the time to do a list of those currently for sale? We did one a year ago when I got mine. Be interesting to see if they are staying level.

is that white one still unsold? The garage made a mistake taking that didn't they? Must have cost them a lot in depreciation and storage and surely the longer its unsold the harder to shift it becomes?

The white one is now at £17500 still unsold

This car must have been through 2/3 dealers in the past year. Hate to think how many owners it has had. It will eventually sell at 15k to someone who is willing to live with whatever issues it has.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links