Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

This Might Be A Very Stupid Question...........

bluenose1940

I received some interesting comments from fellow members to my earlier thread "Thinking of buying one" and no, I haven't got one yet but I'm getting closer!

I have cleared it with the local dealer to have one for a day in order to give it a good test drive and I shall almost certainly be going for an Advance or a Premier although, I do love the two tone leather in the F Sport jobby!

Anyway, here comes the possible stupid question. I have never believed in putting my car in the garage and so mine always remains on the drive. Obviously, come the cold mornings, which are now quite close methinks, I have always gone out and started the car up in order to de-ice when necessary. Question is, can you do this with a hybrid????

Don't laugh, and don't suggest that I start putting the car in the garage because my garage is a workshop, with large bench, table saw, thicknesser, pillar drill, router table etc. etc. etc. so that is out of the question.

Can you de-ice a hybrid by running the engine up? Yes. Just select defrost and switch the heated rear screen on and the car heats itself up. It will also switch itself off but dont worry about flattening the batteries because it will restart itself as the Battery runs down just in order to charge the Battery back up. Your fuel consumption wont be up to much however, if that is what you prefer to do with a conventional engined vehicle you will be used to higher winter fuel consumption.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links