Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Correct Ally Wheel Size?

Hello all,

I am replacing my stock 17" wheels with some aftermarket 18" ones. However I have just noticed that both of the aftermarket sets I was interested in are 18x8. After looking through quite a few forum posts it seems that the stock 18" wheels were 18x8 on the front and 18x8.5 on the rear....what impact having 18" x 8" all round would there be? if any!

My stock 17's are 8" all round so I am guessing it is fine for the 18's, however I just want to be sure there'll be no real impact....including the tyre sizes I was looking at (225/40/18 & 255/40/18).

Cheers

That (G's post) is probably wise. Ideally, 255 tyres should be fitted to 9" rims. 245 section is the max recommended for 8" rims - the ideal section is 225/235. 255 is the maximum for 8½" rims

But it's true that narrower tyres potentially expose your rims to the possibility of more curbing damage. One of these days I'm going to fit rim protectors (they're plastic and fit round the edge between wheel and tyre).

Thanks for the comments.

I'd rather be safe and get the recommended ones for the 18x8. I have just had a chat with a local tyre supplier and they echoed the words of John...shouldn't really have 255 on a 18x8. The OEM 18's for the rear are 18x8.5 so that's why they have 255 as standard.

I really do like the rims I have found...however I might keep looking to see if I can find some staggered (18x8 / 18x8.5 or 9) as I think the stance looks far better with the wider rears. Unfortunately there's not much choice for 18x8 (+45) / 18x8.5 (+50) or 9 out there :megaangry:

Yes. That should be fine. Just watch the offset. The is250 needs a big wheel offset to avoid rubbing the arches. Unlike many German cars, there is very little clearance, so you may run into trouble just slapping anything in.

Make sure that the wheels you want are available with 40-50mm offsets.

oooo...glad you mentioned that re the offset....made you go have a look at looks like I am back to the drawing board...I am sure someone in-charge of Fate has had a chat with my partner as for the hell of me something is stopping me buying new rims!! lol

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links