Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Everybody Say That It Is Slow?

snutten

I really don't understand why boy racers should even want to buy a grown up's car like the IS200. Racing from the traffic lights to the pub? And then back again after a few pints perhaps?

If you want to race your cars then by all means race them on a track, where you are less likely to kill or cripple someone.

Seconded heartily MichaelH.

Racing on the road is explicitly illegal. (RTA section 11/12)

Penalty ranges from 3-11 points, code MS50 Motor racing on the highway.......... 3-11

Quite apart from that, if some little git in any car at all is racing his little friend from the lights/on the motorway and kills damages or even frightens my family, there'll be more than points to worry about.

On the track it's an entirely different thing. Keep it there. I don't care two hoots if some lad races and hurts themselves. I do care if they damage someone else.

Apart from facing the justified wrath of Dipstick or others like him, anyone killing or injuring another road user whilst racing on a public road might easily be looking at a prison sentence of around 3-4 years and this could rise to 6 years or more where there is 'an extremely high level of culpability' (see R v Cooksley [2003] 3 All ER 40).

If serious injury results, but not death, expect around 9-12 months imprisonment.

And apart from all that we will all one day have to stand in front G.od and explain our actions :o :crybaby: ....

...unless you don't believe in him in which case your ok aren't you? :unsure:

When I first bought the IS200, I was very dissapointed, had to be one of the slower cars Ive driven, especilly stepping down from a Supra.

BUT something surprisedme last weekeand...a GT Forrester...TWICE!! I won by half a car to about 160km/h!! Unbeliveable! It still feels slow but!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links