Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Picked Up Car Today - Quick Query Re Nav/phone

Afternoon all. Just picked up my new car and on my way home now (140 mile drive to get used to it - 48mpg so far - that's fine for one so new).

A quick question before I wade through the manual tonight, as it's driving me mad - is there the option of having an automatic mute of the sat nav (she sounds a bit like a dominatrix doesn't she?!) when a phone call comes through? I'm sure there must be but so far I've taken 10 calls only to be interrupted at full volume by the sat nav.

I don't want to come over as lazy but I couldn't quickly find it in the manual.

Thanks on advance.

Afternoon all. Just picked up my new car and on my way home now (140 mile drive to get used to it - 48mpg so far - that's fine for one so new).

A quick question before I wade through the manual tonight, as it's driving me mad - is there the option of having an automatic mute of the sat nav (she sounds a bit like a dominatrix doesn't she?!) when a phone call comes through? I'm sure there must be but so far I've taken 10 calls only to be interrupted at full volume by the sat nav.

I don't want to come over as lazy but I couldn't quickly find it in the manual.

Thanks on advance.

Hello and welcome, mute of sat nav on the phone?..............sort of!

there is an option in the setup menu, under Voice I think, which mutes the satnav voice unless you have the screen set to look at the map. Otherwise, it continues to talk regardless. Apparently this is a step forward from previous Lexus models, but a step back for me too, as my previous car (a vauxhall) did exactly as you would expect and muted the voice when you were on the phone and also turned down the stereo volume automatically when the voice spoke. It is annoying and I hope and pray lexus fix it or offer the option with SW update G, H, J or further....

Hope the car is otherwise working out...........pics????

Thanks Steve - that seems slightly bizarre and, like you, I hope they fix it. All my previous cars with built-in nav automatically mute the nav instructions when a call comes through so I'm not sure of the thinking there, especially as it can be programmed not too on other screens than the map. Slightly illogical!

I'll try to get some pics over the next couple of days but it's celestial black with ivory interior - looks great.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links