Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Who's Using 19" Alloys?

Hello you lovely Lexy owners!

Yes, I am in that sort of moody :zorro:

I am wondering what others think about having 19" alloys with their 220/250? I have heard differing opinions so far, from its "just right" to "it's like rolling on wooden wheels"!

Anyone who has or does have them offer any opinions with some real substance? I have been offered a ridiculous deal for 4 Axe 19" Black rims and Falken tyres and I am very very tempted!

I have checked the size and with the tyres the will fit without rubbing...so really it's just the ride I am concerned about.

Hey Pilgrim,

Although I bet it would look very good, and dont know what the ride would look like, I have one thing to say about bigger wheels. I know from my previouse car, when I changed my wheels in one size bigger, I could feel that it is affecting the acceleration, it is little slower in acceleration, but you gain few Km/h, because bigger wheels is much harder to spin, but you need less rpm-s for same speed.

When you change the wheels, (Dont know if it is possible) to re-calibre the speedometer, because it is calibrated to original size.

But I bet it would look great, I have 220d F sport with 18" dark wheels, as you can see on the photo. And I love them, except the thing they dont love the curbes so much. So also look for tires with rim protection.

Thanks for the reply. Good point re the curbs!

If I do go with the 19s I can make sure the overall wheel diameter will be very very similar and within tolerance compared to the original wheel diameter so it shouldn't make any difference on wheel travel.

I to was looking at doing the same on are IS 250 and been looking at 19" wheels but was thinking if I put 19" on will they look out of place and will it look better being lowered and then the drive will be a lot harder and I don't really want to compromise the ride for looks so I been holding back on purchasing wheels and trying to look about for any information

Well bud by this weekend if all goes to plan I'll be diving in the deep end and putting 4 shiny black staggered 19s on! Mines already lowered so I can give you first hand experience!

I've done a good few months of research, including asking a few local lads here on the Isle of Wight from a modifiers club re their take on it.

I'll be refurbing my oem wheels and keeping them as backup and winter ones so if I don't like the ride I can always go back!

What is the ride like now it's lowered.from previous experience I have lowered other cars ie: peugeot and renaults the ride has been hard and sometimes painful .i now have a family with 3 kids so I don't want to give the car a harsh ride. How much have you lowered yours? And please post before and after pics lol

You sound like me before I took the plunge to drop it! Lol

Depending on the springs chosen there will be a considerable difference in ride quality. I took a ride in 5 lowered IS250's prior to making a decision!

I chose Eibach Pro's but the US version. They lower 1.4" Front and 1" Rear.... The ride quality is just as good over bumps as the oem springs! Plus far better around corners. The UK version drops 30mm all round and you can really feel the difference on ride quality. For some reason that small difference between the UK and USA versions translates to a massive difference in look and ride quality IMHO.

I'll post some pics later for you bud

Haha... Yeah looks better when clean ;-)

TThe springs were from eBay... A seller called Highperformanceoutlet. They were around £270 Inc shipping and import duty.

The spoilers I bought from eBay too from a seller in Taiwan named happybuyitnow168. I also bought the front splitter yet to be installed from them. The quality of paint finish is outstanding!

The door handles were from the US, however I can't find where I bought them from, sorry bud

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I have 19 inch TSW vortex alloys on my IS250 SE and the ride is very good and no issues. These were on the car when I brought it and had been completely refubed and I was initially not very sure about them, but I have grown to like them as time goes on. The curbs are a issue and it seems to be my wife likes to get the passenger side ones caught from time to time. However only a few scrapes and nothing major.

Very true, however it must be nice for her to drive a decent car once in a while instead of her Mini Cooper which has been constructed with fidge doors and recycled cans (well it certainly sounds like it has when you drive at 60 mph in it)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links