Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hid Headlamp Units For Is200

Hi ya.. A bit of an :offtopic: from my reply..

But I have the HID's on my IS.. wondering why the self leveling.. As I thought this at first, for M.O.T reasons.. But my car has passed this every time..

I also know that my kit does not dazzle other drivers.. They are well bright, the projection could be sharper though...

But I got my kit for £344 INC and it was easy to fit, comes complete with Phillips Ballace and either a choice of 4600k or 6100k something like that, the higher the less white, more blue.

Autolamps-online.com is where i sought my kit from..

Agreed. My kit also from Autolamps came last week and works well. Because the Autolamps kit includes a wiring harness with 9006 sockets, it's a straight plug in replacement. So if there were MoT issues, then it's a 2min job to swap back to the normal bulbs. To match the production HiDs, and lessen any interest from the boys in blue, I bought the standard 4100K system, still nice and white and puts the main beams to shame, even tho' they threw in a set of Philips Blue 9005s.

Anyone know how the Lexus self levelling works? Is it via a sensor off the rear suspension, or something cleverer? I keep thinking it should be possible to devise a self leveller somehow, with a pot in series with the normal levelling system.

There is an EU law that states HIDs must be fitted with self leveling and headlamp cleaning. I'm not sure if this only applys to new vehicles sold in the EU or for any alterations an owner may make. It does also apply to import vehicles and would be picked up on the SVA test.

It's not the sort of thing the MOT would test - as long as they are in alignment at the time it of the test it will be fine. They wouldn't start adding weight to the vehicle to check it's operation.

Maybe the police could stop you and ask. The same way they could check all your bulbs have the E mark on them.

I know. IS200s have headlamp washers (well my 2004 one does, not sure on older ones). The EU HiD headlamp washing law is actually rather ridiculous, like so much else emanating from Brussels. The IS200 implementation for the factory HiD option means that *each time* you operate the windscreen washer with the headlamps on, the headlamp washer fires as well. Headlamp washers use an awful lot of fluid, since they rely on the jet alone, and have no wiper. People with the factory option will I suspect end up needing to top up their washers unacceptably often. They actually warn on this in the manual.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links