Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Tyre Pressure Check And Change ? How Often?

Hello All.

I have been lurking around these forums for a while. and thought its about time I registered and posted a question.

I have been driving my IS300h F-sport Celestial Black with black interior,leather seats, premium nav (no AVS) since May 2014. Collected from Lexus Croydon.

Have clocked in excess of 3K miles. and have never botherd checked tyre pressure as its indicator light never came on.

I am now starting to think that maybe I should check it.. and since winter is coming perhaps get winter tyres.?

My Question is. what is the recommend tyre pressure to have on lexus IS300h Fsport and how often do you guys check re-pressureise fsport low profile tyres.

Previously I used to own an old X reg ford focus and had to check tyre pressure every other month.

Cheers

Can't help with suggested pressure other than saying the owners manual and the door sticker will provide what it should be in theory.

In terms of checking pressure, how long is a piece of string? Not trying to be sarcastic here. Far from it. I check mine approximately once a month. Also, best to check before doing a long run as the heat will give a false reading of a higher pressure.

Stu

I think 36 psi is the recommended pressure. I'm trying 38 at the moment.

Once a month should be fine. If you find the pressures have dropped too much then check more regularly. If you don't want to do it so often then consider getting the tyres filled with Nitrogen rather than air.

I had my low pressure warning light come on yesterday. Stopped in the nearest garage and all the pressures were 31psi. Had a service in July so not sure why they were that low but it was comforting to see them all the same, ie no punctures. Have not checked them for many months now.

Also have mine at 38psi, streering lighter in town. I reset my warning light also yesterday after putting air in.

I've set mine to 36, did try them at 34 for a bit and it softened the ride off ever so slightly. Might try them at 38 now and see if there is any extra jiggling.

I don't check mine as that's what the warning light is for. Same goes for anything else that has a warning light.

When a light comes on I check it out.

Sent from my Iphone using Lexus OC

Thank you all for your responses.. I will give the recommended psi and 38 a try and see how different it feels.

I called up Croydon Lexus and asked them this and other questions.. and they said they will be happy to check/adjust tyre pressure for me.

I also asked them to configure the car/key to allow me to roll up/down all windows using just the key :)

@DJP. Did I see you driving around in your fsport( the one in your profile pic)? Were you driving in front of my black fsport last Sunday near Streatham/Norbuy last Sunday evening ;)

Thank you all for your responses.. I will give the recommended psi and 38 a try and see how different it feels.

I called up Croydon Lexus and asked them this and other questions.. and they said they will be happy to check/adjust tyre pressure for me.

I also asked them to configure the car/key to allow me to roll up/down all windows using just the key :)

@DJP. Did I see you driving around in your fsport( the one in your profile pic)? Were you driving in front of my black fsport last Sunday near Streatham/Norbuy last Sunday evening ;)

No it wasn't me. Much to my annoyance Lexus have sold another F Sport with the same colour combo. Outrageous!!

Sent from my Iphone using Lexus OC

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links