Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Full Lexus/toyota Diagnostics And Customisation For £20!

That driver has already been removed by Microsoft as it was found to brick a number of devices.

The manufacture will be releasing an updating 'non-invasive' driver next week and will come out in the next Patch Tuesday (11th Nov).

Any driver found to take malicious action to any hardware would be a breach of the Microsoft Update policy.

I can't wait for the next driver update...

Forgot to mention...as long as the driver which comes with the cable is installed then it'll keep on working.

You can check - before plugging in the cable (!) double click on WinDriver under Vehicle Interface Module in Device Manager (right click on computer, choose Properties and then select Device Manager if you didn't know). It should show driver supplied by Denso Corporation, dated 12/03/10, version 9.0.1.0

If you have some perplexity about legal use of Techstream, I remember there are 2 levels, the "lite" for diagnostic and some other features, and the complete one that requires connection with techinfo from Toyota with registration.

In alternative, to change some settings using an android device with BT OBD interface ELM 327 you can find on eBay, is the app CARISTA, that has free of charge diagnose and paid options for settings of Lexus and Toyota.

Frankly, I don't have much personal angst about this. Whilst in general I am not a fan of the EU, I am in favour of the Block Exemption Regulation.

According to the UK Department of Business Education & Skills, the empowerment created by this law provides competition in the automobile industry as vehicle owners now have the opportunity to repair and service their vehicle at alternative workshops to the automobile manufacturers. BER provides automobile users the flexibility and benefit to reduce the amount spent on servicing, thereby providing consumers more choice and better value for money.

The car manufacturers have resisted this legislation for all they are worth, making the availability of tools to access the computers built in to their vehicles as difficult and expensive as they can get away with. In the olden days you could open things up with a spanner or screwdriver and fix them. Now you can't.

I am all in favour of anything which helps to enforce the EU regulation (which is the law). We should be able to fix our cars ourselves or go to a local garage which can afford to buy the necessary diagnostic/access equipment at sensible prices.

PS - same goes for Workshop manuals and parts lists.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hi everyone, I have just purchased a 450h, have also a problem with ABS so got the Techstream. Cannot get past registration request. One assumes this is because it is the "Fuller" version. Checked cable and IC is the real McCoy - phew!

Any advice anyone.

Setting any personal opinions aside, for the protection of LOC we do not allow the discussion of illegal activities on these forums.

If people has an issue with Techstream then you should seek advise from your supplier or Toyota.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links