Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Hi Guys,

I have just purchased my first Lexus RX300 LE 2005 after many years of owning BMW's. The car is great but I am already missing my in car phone. The Lexus does not have the Bluetooth system in it so I now need to sort out something?

I would prefer a car phone but if that is not an option then Is there a suitable retro fit unit I can use to allow use of the steering wheel controls or do I buy a Parrot or do I look for a new radio with Bluetooth???

Any help/advice would be appreciated.

Thanks I probably looking toward the Parrot as you said the easy option. I thought I had found an easy answer with replacing the existing unit with the sat nav version which are on sale for not a lot of money. Having read earlier topics it seems this is not just a straight plug & play though so disappointed. Also a bit disappointed there is no phone connectivity which was in the BMW where the phone sits in a compartment which also charges the phone and connects through to the steering wheel controls via the radio.

I shall try a communications expert locally but think Lexus Owners know better than the so called experts. Thanks again

You don't have to go to the expensive Parrot system - I had a simple Bluetooth unit in my last car which clipped onto the visor. It only cost about £20 and worked really well and the Battery lasted ages (although I didn't use it much).

This is the one I had:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Speakerphone-Cancellation-Multipoint-Compatible-Blackberry-Black/dp/B004YHCZW6/ref=pd_sxp_grid_i_1_1

Parrot do a whole range of products these days but that is still one of their options, a simple visor unit. More expensive that others maybe but they have reasonable build quality, some more advanced features and support if needed.

Plenty of choice out there, may of which probably work better than the in-built Lexus system. I was never impressed with the pre-2006 system in the RX, people on the other end of the call never received good sound when I was driving.

Thanks Guys.

It is a shame I can't just buy a second hand steering wheel and sat nav unit. I should have made sure I had the Bluetooth installed before I bought the car - I thought it was blue tooth enabled but not knowing what to look for I never noticed the steering wheel did not have the phone symbol on it. We learn by our mistakes.

Thanks again

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links