Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

This may not help you but I'm also seeking an answer to a seat question?

The cushion and seat on my '94 rise and fall together not seperate. Not sure if on later models this is the case?

Does it squeek when set to high?

I have a problem with the seat not going back one side. Could you have a similar problem causing the noise from the splined tube thats supposed to move both sides at once?

If anyone knows how to remove the seat please tell me why I can't solve the simple problem of removing the carpeted cover from the bolts? (scratch head) Have asked twice on another thread but no comment.

Make sure there is nothing under the seat between the bottom of the seat subframe and the floor,it is unlikely to be what you are suggesting unless a previous owner as damaged the sprung area of the seat.

Lexus do exhaustive testing of all components for noise related friction on parts .Thats why lots of components are wrapped in foam and compressed fabric.

Stuart

The seat is removed by unfastening four floor bolts two at the rear have carpet covered plastic shrouds which clip on,they require a fair degree of force ,knock them away from the seat with a pry bar inserted in the top edge .The front bolts are covered by the seat and are exposed when the seat is adjusted into the back position to its full extreme.

You may have to remove the seat via the back door as the steering wheel gets in the way for front door removal.

I switched over the seats from a Mark 1 to My Mark 1 which was in better nick than mine but I dismantled the whole interior of that car so I cannot be sure on the removal procedure.

don't forget to unplug the seat memory controls before taking it out.

Stuart

The seat is removed by unfastening four floor bolts two at the rear have carpet covered plastic shrouds which clip on,they require a fair degree of force ,knock them away from the seat with a pry bar inserted in the top edge .The front bolts are covered by the seat and are exposed when the seat is adjusted into the back position to its full extreme.

Many thanks will be more forceful.

I think i have pin pointed the noise, its the seat belt rubbing against the plastic panel that houses the seat controls, when you move the belt back and fore it makes a squeek/creaking noise just got to work out how to solve it now

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links