Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Oh My............ :(

SteveAudioX

Theres a story to that story....

The CF airbox came.. Only will fit Pauls (FARGO) earlier SC air box.. made out of fibre glass.. as this is what the mold was originally off. My one is injection moulded ABS

Have to send my broken one upto Besty now and get it re-done... aww... found a way to get myself out of a tight situation for the time being...

But can't wait now... I am so in the process to finishing of this new mods.. and can't wait..

got loads on now... till x-mas. :unsure:

HELP ................ :unsure:

Broken

The main reason .The spinning bottom lock nut....

A quest to find a better fixture :question:

i have been thinking about this today and came up with the answer - at work we use anchor nuts in 1000's of places, it is a self locking nut that is held very securly in a small metal base, and the base is then riveted on. This would prevent the screws/screw insert from spinning and also eliminates the need to apply loctite to the screws to prevent them from undoing by vibration.

no sorry steve i dont - not at work anymore, but depending on which size screw you are going to use they are just a little bit over 1 cm long and about 4 - 5 mm wide and are about 3 mm deep - they are a flush fit also BUT........ they are imperial thread but this isnt a prob as i have all the screws at my fingertips :P email me your address and ill send you some to evaluate.

take care steve.

ps il try find on one the 'net

AKA L3X AV Log'in problems

Thanks Rob...

I found something better... Will post a picture on Monday if anyone else needs it..

I forgot all about these... I have them at work, very simular to the ones in there already but they would thread in.... and lock into place. I hope these work, but I will try them on a Mock up piece of ABS first.

i think i know what you mean - same sort of style as the origianals but they screw into place? we have them also but when i have time ill use anchor nuts on mine as i know then the insert/etc will never spin!

cheers rob.

Theres a story to that story....

The CF airbox came.. Only will fit Pauls (FARGO) earlier SC air box.. made out of fibre glass.. as this is what the mold was originally off. My one is injection moulded ABS

Have to send my broken one upto Besty now and get it re-done... aww... found a way to get myself out of a tight situation for the time being...

But can't wait now... I am so in the process to finishing of this new mods.. and can't wait..

got loads on now... till x-mas. :unsure:

hi steve will try to get your cover done for santa coming,hey your two other covers are made,got to pick up next week :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links