Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Last week my Afs sensor failed resulting in a £500 plus pound bill excluding a 70000 service which Lexus Hull did for me. They did however do a great job as always with exemplary service.

Then driving to work on Thursday morning an 8 wheeler passed me in the opposite direction driving through a mud puddle at the time of passing. They was a cracking noise and the sound of stones pelting the car. I now have 10 inch crack in the windscreen and multiple chip damage to bonnet both front wings and the whole of the drivers side of the vehicle . Also chipped grill and headlights. The bill will be massive and hoping the insurance company will pay . Auto glass tell me RX400H not listed but that RX with rain sensing wiper sensors is the same,

Hope I can get it sorted they are fantastic cars but beggining to worry a bit about parts availabilty for some items.I had mudguards fitted at the same time as the service my choice but the fitted price is way over the top.Winge over still love the car just wish it was kinder on the wallet .

CJ

CJ

Sorry to hear your plight buddy, that was really unlucky, but if you have no joy with your insurance you may find one of the chip repair companies can sort the paint for you ...

I've used them with miraculous results, they repaired my bonnet 2 years ago which was peppered with rusty chips & dents for £120 & you may find some of the marks will polish out ...

Sorry about your bad luck Chris.

I wouldn't worry about Autoglass not finding the 400h listed, probably use error as the vehicle is sometimes listed as RX400h and at other times as RX 400h, or they only start listing it as a 2006 vehicle and they used 2005 in their search. There are around 11,000 400h on the roads so plenty to justify Pilkington or whoever to still make the glass. As they said, glass from the RX300/350 is the same.

Thanks for the replies gents have had some IT problems so been offline for a few days. Waiting for assesor to agree if insurance will pay out so should know over next few days and hopefully windscreen being fitted on Monday.

Chris

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links