Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Forward Planning And Living With My Lexus Is250 Advance

Technoman

Hi

I purchased my Lexus IS250 Advance on a 2011 plate a couple of weeks ago and i am looking forward at the servicing and maintenance options. I love the car so far and its a real pleasure to drive with the auto option.

I only do apx 5k miles per year so is it really necessary to have the car serviced or the oil changed every 12 months now that most vehicles have either fully or semi synthetic oils in use.

Do most people use the main dealerships for servicing and if so is it worth paying to become a gold member of the forum to get a discount.

In 18 months time the car will be 5 years old so is it worth waiting for the next major service at that time when the price of a major service drops to under £300.

Lets talk tyres, the current ones are Dunlop sport maxx and have done 23k so will probably need replacing in 5k miles. has anyone changed to what they consider a better option. I wouldn't really want higher levels of road noise so if sticking with the dunlops is the only option then so be it. I changed from Dunlop to Vredstein on a previous car and they were the best tyres i have had for wear, road holding and wear.

Thanks in advance for any potential tips or comments on the subjects above or any other useful snippets of information. All the very best to all on this forum for the New Year.

In the nearly 4 years of ownership of a Lexus I have only taken it to Lexus once for a cambelt change on an old is200 as I didn't trust any other garage to do the work.

For all the other jobs I have done on the car I have done them myself as its not that hard to do - the service is an easy one. Lexus have let me down a couple of times so this LED me to do the work myself and not living near a dealer then that sealed it for me.

I do the oil changes every 6 months on mine as like you I only do a small mileage a year. Its used daily on short runs and on occasion has a good run so I think its important to have the oil changed regularly.

I cant help with the tyres as I put on what ever is available as my exhaust is quite noisy so defeats the point in looking for a set of tyres to block the road noise.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links