Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

High Revs

Andyajb

Hello all is it normal for my is250 to rev quite high on start up I'm finding myself putting it straight into drive with foot on brake to stop it reving so hard it settles after a while but I'm concerned ?...

Its not auto the manual will be the same. Just the way the engine is. Be careful if its icy/snow as the auto at those revs will try to push you forward even when your braking so the abs gets triggered easily. I either wait till the revs go down or put into neutral when braking.

Hi Andyajb, if its 1500 revs I believe its the DPF cleaning himself and one thing you should do only: hit the motorway on wknd or so for a long drive. That should do!

Its a 250 so no DPF

Indeed, correct behaviour for a Toyota engine - the ECU is programmed this way. The thinking is that emissions are reduced by getting the engine up to speed by fast idling rather than running at a normal idle speed with a rich mixture for a longer time.

Similar to the old fashioned choke, except that used a higher idle just to stop the engine from stalling, rather than for emissions. The modern engine could idle at low revs when cold if it wanted to without stalling, it just doesn't by design.

• Like 1

Andy.................very ish! I'm 51 and consider myself a spring chicken! (not)

As Stevet said, just be aware when it is revving at idle it can pull away quite quickly if you don't have your foot on the brake, I shot out of my drive a bit sharpish once or twice lol

Thanks all I'm happy now and loving Lexus never thought I would ever want one but seen this one and bit the bullet and got it looking forward to chatting and meeting maybe at some point cheers.

Sent from my iPad using Lexus OC

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links