Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Honest Opinions

LexusCT200H

Hi guys im new round here, Im from the Toyota owners club. I currently have a 2011 Toyota Auris 1.3 petrol which is really boring. I am now currently looking at buying a reliable hybrid hatchback car and saw the CT200H. I wanted to ask if the car is reliable or not beause I will be purchasing a 2011 model which will be out of warranty now and im guesing it will have very expensive parts. If you guys could please give me honest opinions on the reliablity it would be great. I also wanted to know does it use the same exact engine as the Pruis?

very reliable and only just possible to achieve published fuel consumption figures ( ideal weather- warm but no ac, ideal road conditions- empty, ideal pattern of acceleration and braking- very gentle, well disciplined and experienced hypermiler driver)

Buy the car because you like it, don't buy it banking on 70 plus mpg.

i have had my 2011 ct for 14 months now and i am really pleased and nothing has gone wrong with it all,all i have bought are tyres for her and nothing else.

i have done 11000 miles now and wouldn't have anything else i am converted to the lexus hybrids.

with regards to the warranty i bought an extended 2yr warranty from lexus that includes 2yr AA european breakdown cover for £500 in december 2014

I am sure I read somewhere that the CT200h is in the top 5 most reliable cars sold on the UK market... although I can't remember where.

Same components as the Prius and also the Auris Hybrid.

It is the top 5 and well worth it's position.

Make sure it has FSH & no accident damage etc. Nothing really to point out other than mine went in for steering column knock recently & had part changed under warranty. Check by turning wheel side to side and listen for knocking.

Let us know what spec you are looking at. Most don't come with Cruise control but you can retro-fit for around £150.

Hi guys, thanks for the response. I am looking at 1.8-I or 1.8-L spec. Im trying to find a 1.8L at my price budget which is 9k with 30k or less miles which is possible but it has to be the right time. I'm not too keen on the 1.8-I, I want some leather and decent spec.

I doubt you will get anything for under 10k. For that it will be an SE-I and possibly over 70k mileage.

For leather and heated seats, you need go for SE-L. One with 50k will cost around 11k.

I doubt you will get anything for under 10k. For that it will be an SE-I and possibly over 70k mileage.

For leather and heated seats, you need go for SE-L. One with 50k will cost around 11k.

Hi, I'm a part time vehicle dealer and get cars at dealer prices, SE-L comes around £10,000 with about 30k miles. I will probally purchase one at the end of next month when I sell my Toyota Auris.

The Ct 200s share a lot of the same parts as the Auris and Prius . All models seem to be running higher mileages with little or no issues... says a lot about reliability. If you arent bothered about looks or performance, we had an overengineered generation 2 prius t spirit with leather seats which was easily as comfortable as the lexus,just about as well loaded,more spacious, so absolutely bomb proof that the taxi drivers love them and are significantly cheaper than a CT because they are older and more depreciated. If you are a dealer you would probably pick up a leather 30,000 miler at much less than a CT (which is nowhere near fully depreciated) would set you back. Just a thought, if its toys, leather, reliability and lack of depreciation you are after.

Thanks for your replies Geof and others. The reason why I have chosen the CT200h is because where I purchase cars from they come with a AA mechanical report. This includes all the main parts of the car and tells me if anything is wrong with it. There is a 200 point check on the car and I have seen CT200h's with over 120k miles showing everything is good. If I was to look at any VW or any other car (other than toyota and lexus) they would show red marks which mean there is a problem. I understand that the value of the CT200h will depreciate quickly but compared to the Auris (I have a 2011 and looking to purchase a 2011 Ct200h), its a huge difference. Auris with 30k miles is 5k max and Lexus with same mileage and year is 10k max. I will keep the Lexus for 3-4 years, at that point it will most likely have 50k miles max, what do you think the value will be then? Even if its 6k (i doubt) I would still be happy. If you guys could give me a rough idea of price in 4 years with 50k miles I'd appreciate. I currently have an Auris which is the most boring car in the world. The car gets me from A to B without any problems but lacks any excitement (unfortuantly I had literally had a 30 second decision to buy the car) as I have the lowest basic spec model. Thanks guys!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links