Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Just Bought First Lexus - Is300 Sportcross

n1tr0_9

Hi,

just bought my first Lexus. Its a 2002 IS300 sportcross. I love it, but it has a few problems already. On test drive it ran perfect, no warning lights or other issues. After 3 days in my possession the radiator has started leaking, the manual mode / e-shift on the gearbox has stopped working, and now the TRC OFF and VSC warning lights have come on!

Googling all the faults is how i found this Forum. So i will be having a good read to see if i can fix these issues because i absolutely love every other aspect of the car.

James

Redhill/Reigate

• Like 1

Probably best to have the OBDII codes read for the TRC problem although wheel/ABS sensors have been known to cause this.

Good price for a radiator but Toyota ATF is expensive for 5 litres but don't use anything else, may have been worth seeing if there were any transmission codes logged before splashing out on fluid and filter.

Did a check of the codes. I had 3 errors logged. Bad signal from maf so I have cleaned it. Also solenoid A in gearbox in transmission error and turbine speed error. So I dropped gearbox sump and pulled solenoid 1 which I guess is A? I bench tested it and it opens and closes when energised. So must be wiring. I then unplugged, attempted to clean, and then reconnected all the connectors I could find on the gearbox. Hopefully this sorts it.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links