Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Boot Release Override

Is there one?

Two days ago, I found that I could not start the car because the Battery was flat. My son had left the rear interior light on.

No problem, I thought, I have some brand new jump leads that are still in their original packaging, and another car sitting on the drive, so I will soon be on the road.

Unfortunately, my jump leads are stored in the underfloor compartment at the very rear of the car, the compartment that can only be opened using one of the two buttons on the boot lip... hidden by the door when it is closed. My problem was that, while I had managed to unlock the car, there was not enough juice left to operate the boot release, even using the handle on the door itself. (My son did crawl in the boot from inside the car, but of course could not reach the release buttons)

So... because I could not open the boot door... I could not open the underfloor compartment... could not get the jump leads out... and could not get the car started. I had to borrow leads from a friend. (Mine remain pristine in their packaging)

So my question is, in the event of a Battery failure, is there a manual override that will let you open the boot?

Thanks to all in advance.

Not absolutely sure as it is some time since we had a 400h but I seem to remember there is a boot release handle/lever behind a small removable panel inside the car near the nearside wheel arch. BUT I may be wrong!

Good luck

JBP

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links