Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Hoping To Purchase A Pre-Owned Lexus. 5+ Warranty Question

PJP

Hi!

I'm hoping to buy a preowned IS-F from a main dealer over the next few weeks. The car is likely to be more than 5 years old and my understanding is that, as part of the 5+ package, the car will come with a comprehensive warranty but that the warranty won't include multi-media equipment. Does this mean that the touch screen satnav won't be covered? My understanding is that the touch screen can be troublesome and that this is expensive to fix.

However the Lexus 'extended warranty' which I understand is available on cars up to 100,000 miles irrespective of age does seem to cover the multi-media unit. Is that right?

Thank you!

Yes you are correct. I would try and negotiate a full warranty, maybe even a full two year package, as part of the deal.

Thank you. That's a very helpful suggestion. I hadn't realised that is was possible to purchase a full warranty on an older car.

Are there any other aspects of the purchase that would be good negotiating points? It's likely that the dealer I buy from won't be the one I take the car to for servicing (the car's I'm interested in are quite a long way from where I live).

If it was the same dealer, or at least if your local dealer is within the same dealer network, then there may be the option to discuss discounted servicing.

Once you have negotiated a price then try and get some extras, such as new mats or an updated sat nav map etc. Don't start there otherwise they won't lower the price.

They will probably be resistant to lowering the sticker price, stating that the vehicles are rare. However that works the other way too, dealers are often stuck with IS Fs for months with its book value dropping every week.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links