Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I'm not quite sure how the climate control should work on my MkII GS. If I turn the whole system off, and then press the Auto button, the air con comes on and stays on. Should it not only come on when required? I thought that the manual said that it turns on and off automatically. I can turn it off manually though. :blink:

Also, if I turn the air-recirculation to 'Auto', the air conditioning comes on. If I turn the aircon off, the 'Auto' air recirc light goes off as well. Is this normal? The only time the air con doesn't come on is when the temperature is below 0 degrees. :duh:

All of what you describe is normal. The logic behind it on the other hand is not my speciality, although I can make a few qualified guesses. I will leave that part of the answering to people who don't need to guess half of the answer, though.

A/C light on means A/C available, not necessarily ON! In summer A/C Cools, in Winter it removes damp. It can also heat as well as cool depending upon design, but usually not in cars.

IF you turn A/C off then Climate Control won't work as its not available, thats why Auto goes off if you turn it off!!

HTH

BW

Nick

:ph34r:

You will also find that pressing the windscreen button will also bring on the AC to demist the screen. Press the button again and it will go back to how it was before.

The AC comes on with auto-recirculation because when the car recirculates it will start to mist up. The AC stops this.

As nickmoul has said the AC light just means you allow AC to come on. The car will switch the AC on and off as required. If you are idling you will see the revs go up as the AC comes on and then drop again when it turns it off.

I know i've got an is200, but the climate control works in the same way (dials instaed of buttons)

i presume. does leaving the a/c on use anymore petrol in the winter (ie when the system is only supplying warm air)

even for demisting the compressor runs so it will use extra petrol

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links