Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Led Auto Designs Blue Lights

Fargo

Following on from my thread i have borrowed fevers catr and fitted auto LED's auto designs Blue Lexus intrument cluster light kit..

picture here

first one was with normal exposure and no flash here

next one is with a slower shutter speed to capture the light here, as you can see its blotchy, (the bright light bottom right is the iginition barrel fitted with MY LED.

next one is a comparison of the inrtument cluster and my old radio i did here again on a normal exposure and with no flash,

lastly as above but longer exposure here

i shall leave you to make up your own mind but for me I WANT MY 25 QUID BACK BECAUSE IT IS NOT THE SAME AS THE PICTURE YOU ADVERTISED AND DOES NOT WORK AT ALL.......SO WHAT SAY YOU..

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well i admit they dont look as good as yours but noone is going to be able to make a good comparison untill we find out how much yours is gonna cost.

Well i admit they dont look as good as yours but noone is going to be able to make a good comparison untill we find out how much yours is gonna cost.

CP40 if you want white just onthe speedo dials then just take the orange rubber off the OEM bulbs..

Mate, it aint even about cost.. auto designs kit DOESNT WORK..

i will get a price together for the various kits, hopefully this week, else it will be the week after that as i am in germany from thursday for a week.

Absolute pants....Paul had to check the connections a couple of times at first as we weren't sure if they were in or connected correctly....then we realised that they were actually on, just very dull. Then we covered up the windows while Paul took the shots and it was just as bad, hardly any light and what little light you could see was poor!!! To add to that the colour of blue used was rubbish!! If anything, the pictures that Paul has taken make those light look better than they were!!!

Paul said I could just have them.....my answer was please put the orange ones back in!!!! And I hate the orange lights!!!

Bottom line, there is no comparison, buy these and your just wasting your money!!!

Fargo, thanks for trying it! Can you do us all a favor and ban him. He is a scam artist, regardless what the cost. Fargo, please email eBay as well and file a fraud claim against him. Make sure you give him negative feedback as well!

Fargo it seems that the blotches are caused by the two smaller LED area`s as you havent fully completed the guidelines and lightly key`d the surface of the miniture leds with glass sandpaper thus diffusing the light evenly. Those leds are nearly 10,000 mcd and un diffused thyre bound to create a bright patch.

now to follow i think i should comment here to be fair--

Wxman + Fargo i think you guys are taking this a little too far guys i joined here a few days ago for a browse after purchasing my new lex and found you guys discussing my recently launched auction - hey no probs!!! B)

Then fargo :angry: purchases one of my kits to do a " review" on it and what seems intentionally "pull it to pieces" because you two unknown to me have been planning on selling an LED dash kit yourselves for the IS200 / 300 to members. :yawn:

Now im a pretty easy going guy and not a great deal bothers me so i didnt comment much, but i really did expect a more mature reception on a site like this with co lexus owners, were all proud of our modifications etc and i know we have our little secrets etc but guys ive been retailing LED dash kits for other marques for two years now IT`S NOTHING NEW AND YOU AND ME ARE NOT THER FIRST TO DO IT!. :rolleyes:

Im not on here for a hard sell and sorry if you may feel me a threat for your two year LED conversion adventure, but buying a kit from me, leaving me negative feedback on my 99% positive eBay account :tsktsk: and then blurting off about how crap my kits are is taking things too far. :blink:

I cannot comment on what you two produce becuse i havent seen it but i can confirm everything sell is designed to be easy to fit plug in no soldering etc with step by step instructions and pictures. I dont sell kits which involve butchering the dash and glueing leds into it alongside re-soldering a £££ lexus stereo and £££ aircon unit as i felt it could all end in tears.

Now i have been taking some pictures and if anyone would be kind enough to let me email them and post them up for me it would be appreciated, as i cants seem to get them in the gallery ;)

Fargo it seems that the blotches are caused by the two smaller led area`s as you havent fully completed the guidelines and lightly key`d the surface of the miniture leds with glass sandpaper thus diffusing the light evenly. Those leds are nearly 10,000 mcd and un diffused thyre bound to create a bright patch.

now to follow i think i should comment here to be fair--

Wxman + Fargo i think you guys are taking this a little too far guys i joined here a few days ago for a browse after purchasing my new lex and found you guys discussing my recently launched auction - hey no probs!!! B)

Then fargo :angry: purchases one of my kits to do a " review" on it and what seems intentionally "pull it to pieces" because you two unknown to me have been planning on selling an led dash kit yourselves for the IS200 / 300 to members. :yawn:

Now im a pretty easy going guy and not a great deal bothers me so i didnt comment much, but i really did expect a more mature reception on a site like this with co lexus owners, were all proud of our modifications etc and i know we have our little secrets etc but guys ive been retailing led dash kits for other marques for two years now IT`S NOTHING NEW AND YOU AND ME ARE NOT THER FIRST TO DO IT!. :rolleyes:

Im not on here for a hard sell and sorry if you may feel me a threat for your two year led conversion adventure, but buying a kit from me, leaving me negative feedback on my 99% positive ebay account :tsktsk: and then blurting off about how crap my kits are is taking things too far. :blink:

I cannot comment on what you two produce becuse i havent seen it but i can confirm everything sell is designed to be easy to fit plug in no soldering etc with step by step instructions and pictures. I dont sell kits which involve butchering the dash and glueing leds into it alongside re-soldering a £££ lexus stereo and £££ aircon unit as i felt it could all end in tears.

Now i have been taking some pictures and if anyone would be kind enough to let me email them and post them up for me it would be appreciated, as i cants seem to get them in the gallery ;)

How dumb are you? I cannot tell you how angry I am right now. You want to look like the good guy, but you WILL NOT ANSWER WHY YOU ARE USING STOLEN PICTURES. You have not taken them out of your auction.

Bad feedback? If you have pictures and you claim you cannot host them, then how did you get my stolen pictures to appear in your auction. You are worthless and a scam artist. If you think the worst you will get is bad feedback, then you are an idiot. Until you respond to taking my pictures them SHUT YOUR MOUTH.

You sell your kit with someone else's picture, then when someone installs it and claims it doesn't look like the picture you cry like a little girl. Well, hmm that is because the pictures aren't even of your kit! If you want to respond to something, respond to this - WHY ARE YOU STEALING MY PICTURES!

Ok,,Andi (auto LED design) i must admit i didnt 'key' the surface of the leds on the two smaller ones, i can try this again altough i do not believe that will make any difference..

I dont care how many MCD's the leds are,, if the viewing angle is not wide enough the light guides behine the dials willnot pick up enough light to spread evenly..

As for me and wxmans work,, well the first time i spoke to wxman was back in november last year, we exchanged a few PM's and that was the last time i spoke to him until this last week. he had his project, i had mine, now we are working together..

Your kit does not look like the picture you have given on eBay therefore you have misrepresented your kit....simple.

The picture i took on a longer exposure shows your kit in a more flattering light (excuse the pun) allowing more light to sink into the film thus making it look more bright and even than it is.

I am not responsable for WXman's comments how he chooses to express his views is upto him..

Im not telling people to not buy your kit,, they can make up there own minds,, hell guys go ahead and buy his kit,, see for yourself,,im sure if you are not 100% satisfied then andi will give you a full refund..

as for my negitive feedback on eBay,, i dont think it was unjust at all, have i lied in my comments, have i slandered in any way.. nope,, i simple said, "lexus kit does not work, not the same as the picture advertised, refund please"

you can email me (you have my email address) your picture and i will post it no problem.. or youcna add it to the gallery yourself and link to it..

end of the day andi, if i am wrong and you kit truly is bright and even enough i will apologies publicly, perhaps if i donot seem to be able to instlal (and key) the kit properly then i should return the kit i have and you send me a kti that you have tried and tested inyour one lex..

ah also your comment about me doing a 'review' if you read what i said, and this was before i even spoke to wxman, i said

".. think i may purchase a set for evaluation...and let you guys know wussup.. certainly they look like they maych the colour of the stereo and sat nav ive done"

which to me is a postive comment in itself, if your matched my stereo and sat nav blue then all good. but as i found out, the picture is not as per YOUR kit.. in fact i had seen this picture back in november..

and marc (wxman) i cant ban anyone..thats upto the commitee..

I think this topic has got a little heated, but my understanding (and please correct me if I am wrong) is:

a. Fargo bought this kit to evaluate it, now knowing him, if it was a good kit, he would say so.

b. The kit when installed did not reflect the images shown in eBay

c. The images used on eBay are from wxman at IS300.net, you have not denied this led_auto...

At the end of the day, Im sure people will buy your kit LED.. but on this board, we listen to peoples reviews of products to help us make decsions on purchases.

If your kit is mis-represented in this thread, then please post pictures of it here.

correct ian..

im trying not to get this heated (me with andi anyway)

but i can see wxmans point,, working 2 years for a perfect solution and have someone pass off his, what looks like profesionaly shot picture, off as his own.

How dumb are you? I cannot tell you how angry I am right now. You want to look like the good guy, but you WILL NOT ANSWER WHY YOU ARE USING STOLEN PICTURES. You have not taken them out of your auction.

Bad feedback? If you have pictures and you claim you cannot host them, then how did you get my stolen pictures to appear in your auction. You are worthless and a scam artist. If you think the worst you will get is bad feedback, then you are an idiot. Until you respond to taking my pictures them SHUT YOUR MOUTH.

WXMan

we have terms and conditions on these boards - a major one is to do with being polite.

I can see you have issues with Andi - but if you cannot resolve them in a manner that stays with the T&C's of the boards, then you may be removed.

Ok Andi has now sent me some pictures of his kit..

my comments..

#1 initiall looks good, colour matches my second generation blue stereo etc. still patchy in places, ie RPM range.. and seems darker around the top edges of all the MPH numbers..i think this photo was taken with a longer exposure.

#2 looks like a photo on normal exp, same commetns as before.

#3 same as before,, but good use od extra light to show the intensisty..

on the whole it looks better than your kit thati installed.. perhaps you cna send me this kit and i can try and see for myself,, as photos can make the light better on a longer exposure as you know..Still doesnt look anything near as good as the picture you used of wxmans.

so what do you say andi,, you want to send me a primed kit so that i and a couple of other people cna check it out in the flesh...i will of course send back the kit i laready have..

Ok, the pictures Paul has just posted are no where near the same as the kit installed yesterday!!

As Gaydon is approaching, I am happy to have the kit Paul received from LED Auto Designs put back into my car so members can see for themselves! Trouble is better drive home in the daylight so I can be sure I'm not speeding! :lol:

Seriously, I have no vested interest in either Paul's or Andi's kits, but like other members of LOC want to get the best for my money! From what I saw yesterday I was not impressed and fully back Paul's statements!

The fact that I preferred to have the orange ones put back in should tell you exactly what I thought!!

EDIT: Can I also point out Andi that Paul is not trying to out do you, or make people buy his kit over yours!! If people buy your kits it makes no difference to him, this is not a business for Paul and he is only looking out for the interests of club members!

Bottom line, the pictures you keep posting have ABSOLUTELY NO similarity to the kit we fitted yesterday!!!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links