Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Octane Booster

Hi,

Been meaning to ask this for ages......... especially after seeing it JAPFEST.

Basically has anyone used/exeperienced/heard anything about the octane booster that is plumbed directly into your fuel line and boosts standard octane to over 100 ron?

I saw a stand at japfest and majority of scooby owners where like flies around sh!t and buying them. I'm tempted to get one but have some reservations about their claims.

It was a cylindrical canister and is said to be enough for 100,000 miles!! (don't know why it's calculated like this as surely it should be measured by amount of fuel used??) Also told that if you put in super or optimax it boosts this by another couple of ron's too. I'm pretty curious as it was about £70 for a 2litre NA and rising to about £100 for FI

I'm thiking it seems a little crude as it doesnt know how much fuel is being used (no electronic gadgetry) does it restrict fiuel flow or make the pump work harder? is it even a restriction??

If it does as it claims I would seriously be interested and perhaps see if a group buy could be organised.

Ideas?

i dont know anything about an octane booster thats directly plumbed in but i've used octane boosters before and the nos octane booster definitely made a difference to acceleration and responsiveness.

i'm pretty sure duncan was always adding octane booster to his IS.

I thnik it's called octane catalyst or seomthing and the adverts normally a small one in banzai or japerformance or something.

Its called a fuelcat... it looks like a cigar case.

it basically has lead pellets in ti and what it does is converts 95 to 99 ron.

so it gives you more quality and saves you money in the process. it goes in between the fuel line. i have one on my subaru.. and it wicked. it will last for 100k.

but we would only reccomend it on older cars with low pressure fuel lines.

thats why i aint got it on my lexus.

Do not reference items for sale, non authorised trader.

Edited by ScarFace

Am

Cheers for that but still no real answer as to whether it does as it claims. I've even seen one post on some scoob forum but still no real verdict. I think someone even mentioned it was tested in CCC and it raised octane by 1 ron (??) Still want to find out more as it is damn easier to buy one of these than to fill up optimax etc......

yeh same here, i've asked lots of tuners, most tell me to stay well clear....

1 ron isn't going to be noticeable, 3-4 u WILL notice, i tried cool blue 106ron, and boy it defo is a Whack in terms of performance!!!!!!

• 8 months later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links