Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Lowering Springs And Antirollbars Fitted

Moffet

Was down south last week and made sure I visited Dr Bones. Got my TTE lowering springs fitted and also the TRD yellow antiroll bars from the group buy, and then a full geometry. First time he's done all three at once! :D

I don't know how much of it was down to the springs, how much the ARBs and how much the geometry but the car looks and feels much better. The wheels are now in the arches (and still a little settling to go) instead of it looking like it's on stilts and it corners so well, with next to no body roll compared to before. :D

So a big thanks to Tony. Some might think I'm mad doing a 600 mile round trip but then he is the Dr... :D

Nice one, I did the same, only it was about 250miles for me and a full tank of fuel :o It was well worth it though, Tony really knows his stuff and explains it a way that anyone could understand.

I had my springs fitted and geom done. When I went out for the test drive I was amazed at how responsive the front of the car was. Even more so now with coilovers.

You got any before and after pics?

Excuse the state of the wheels... complete with Tony's finger prints!

lower.jpg

The after shot was taken the morning after. Has settled a little since then - it's been almost a week and I've done over 500 miles. And I still haven't gotten round to washing it! :blush:

Was down south last week and made sure I visited Dr Bones. Got my TTE lowering springs fitted and also the TRD yellow antiroll bars from the group buy, and then a full geometry. First time he's done all three at once! :D

I don't know how much of it was down to the springs, how much the ARBs and how much the geometry but the car looks and feels much better. The wheels are now in the arches (and still a little settling to go) instead of it looking like it's on stilts and it corners so well, with next to no body roll compared to before. :D

So a big thanks to Tony. Some might think I'm mad doing a 600 mile round trip but then he is the Dr... :D

It was a nice package the car was totally compliant in all areas a pleasure to work on. I thank you for traveling such a distance promoting much trust in wim. On a serious note though what thoughts to you have with the free fine-tune?... Reason i ask is that the coils are still settling and the Geometry is slowly creeping away.

Looks good mate, just makes me want to lower my car! :winky:

Are they proper TTE springs? Where did you get them from? Dealers I've tried don't seem to have them anymore.......

Yep, proper TTE. I got them from Chris.S a few months back - drop him a PM. Cost £166 (delivered) if I recall correctly. Tony charged £80 to fit 'em which is a very good price. :D Of course, the full Geo afterwards will cost extra...

It was a nice package the car was totally compliant in all areas a pleasure to work on. I thank you for traveling such a distance promoting much trust in wim. On a serious note though what thoughts to you have with the free fine-tune?... Reason i ask is that the coils are still settling and the Geometry is slowly creeping away.

Does that make me the furthest away customer you've had? I'll probably be making that trip again for the fine-tune, but not sure when yet. Depends how long it takes me to do the 2000 miles. Probably another 10 weeks or so I reckon. Actually, the LOC christmas party is in MK on Dec 9th isn't it? Maybe a trip to coincide with that?

I've read on here that many people think the ride doesn't suffer with these springs, but I have to say I disagree. You can definately feel the bumps in the road more and have to be much more careful over speedbumps. I'm not sure if that has anything to do with the ARBs as well though :o

Looks good mate, just makes me want to lower my car! :winky:

Are they proper TTE springs? Where did you get them from? Dealers I've tried don't seem to have them anymore.......

Yep, proper TTE. I got them from Chris.S a few months back - drop him a PM. Cost £166 (delivered) if I recall correctly. Tony charged £80 to fit 'em which is a very good price. :D Of course, the full Geo afterwards will cost extra...

Does that make me the furthest away customer you've had? I'll probably be making that trip again for the fine-tune, but not sure when yet. Depends how long it takes me to do the 2000 miles. Probably another 10 weeks or so I reckon. Actually, the LOC christmas party is in MK on Dec 9th isn't it? Maybe a trip to coincide with that?

I've read on here that many people think the ride doesn't suffer with these springs, but I have to say I disagree. You can definately feel the bumps in the road more and have to be much more careful over speedbumps. I'm not sure if that has anything to do with the ARBs as well though :o

Although the distance you travelled was a valiant commitment, the furthest a Lex has traveled is from Guernsey... We also had a customer prepared to travel from Norway but unfortunately the car was to low for our equipment at the time....

Regarding the harshness of the ride now........ Welcome to the low club :D No gain without pain.. Appreciate all modifications carry some consequences...... A good cushion may help :lol:

You'll be pleased to know I cleaned the wheels while painting the calipers today. :D Some white decals to go on next weekend also.

Now looks like this:

caliperfront.jpg

caliperback.jpg

I am a little concerned though - I've started getting a knocking noise from the offside front (as best I can tell) the last couple of days that seems to be getting worse. :crybaby: Any advice about this Tony?

No cushion needed - the Lex has really comfy seats! :D

You'll be pleased to know I cleaned the wheels while painting the calipers today. :D Some white decals to go on next weekend also.

Now looks like this:

caliperfront.jpg

caliperback.jpg

I am a little concerned though - I've started getting a knocking noise from the offside front (as best I can tell) the last couple of days that seems to be getting worse. :crybaby: Any advice about this Tony?

No cushion needed - the Lex has really comfy seats! :D

Although i am positively bias i think she looks very nice :D .... As for the knocking is it a repetitive tapping sound over ungelating ground or a bang when you hit a bump?

More of a repetitive tapping going over uneven/bumpy ground (I'm assuming that's what ungelating means!).

Don't think it's "maxing out" which is what I assume you would think to be happening if it were the "bang" on hitting a bump.

More of a repetitive tapping going over uneven/bumpy ground (I'm assuming that's what ungelating means!).

Don't think it's "maxing out" which is what I assume you would think to be happening if it were the "bang" on hitting a bump.

A repetitive tapping/knocking as described is the sound from a damaged/worn anti-roll bar drop link. The removal of the link from your existing ARB takes some engineuity since the locking mechanism is a nylock nut and reluctant to be removed.. This situation is not at all dangereuse only annoying on your behalf.. When you come for the free fine-tune i will replace the worn link for free.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links