Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Furthest With The Fuel Warning Light On?

Fuel light came on on the way into work today.

from my experience in knowing how far I've pushed it etc - left it to see if it would get me home.

Reset one of the odometers, and carried on.

I managed to get 49.3 miles before fillin up earlier.

And - I only put 64 litres in!

this was on the motorway, not really giving it welly.

So - really stupid competition is is - how far can you get?

Extra "stupid points" to the first person to run out of petrol setting the record!

:D :D :lol::lol:

Assuming you have 9 litres/2 gallons left, @25mpg 50 miles is pushing it! I wouldn't want to do much more.

I would challenge that assumption ricky.

I honestly did 49.3 miles - and still had 5 full litres in the tank (cos I only put 64.nn lites in)

5 lites = 1.1 gallons - so @25 mpg I had enough for another 25 - making a total distance with light on of 75 miles (roughly)

certainly would not want to push it that far though

I've driven with the refuel light on until the needle reached the middle of the E in Empty :blink:

I was rolling down hills in neutral and driving in 6th @ 30mph, just to conserve fuel... :lol:

Made it to a petrol station though :P just....

After about 10 miles after the light has come on I normally start panicking! Your a brave man Matt!

Dunno about brave - but when I am working in Warrington it is about a 40 mile trip with only one service station.

s have slowly built up experience og how far I got with the light on - compared to how fueld I had to put in.

Thought I'd share it here, as have seen a few posts were people have been saying they fill up after 10 miles (like yourself), or 20 miles etc.

Not recommending anyone should try to get 75 miles (I dare you all to try - just don't recommend it :P ) - but it is useful to know

Mat - I live in Liverpool and also work in Warrington (most of the time). I now know I'll get home (cheers!). I'll be on the lookout for your car now.......... if you see a Black IS200 flashing at you like a looney - it's me.

Mat -  I live in Liverpool and also work in Warrington (most of the time). I now know I'll get home (cheers!).  I'll be on the lookout for your car now.......... if you see a Black IS200 flashing at you like a looney - it's me.

hehehehe - where about in Warrington mate?

must change my profile - I actually live in Birkenhead, so its M56 / M53 for me - don't go on the M62 (so don't go flashing people!!!)

I spend 3 days a week @ NWDA in Centre Park (by the Village Hotel) - right off the round about with the big blue bridge / statue of the rugby player?

don't 'spose thats your black IS in their car park?

Good job you said that; I'd be flashing them and probably get a smack off someone. I actually work more towards the Birchwood side - Dalton Ave.

Nope not my IS200 in their car park but could be in the Village car park as I go a few times a week.

I'll keep my eyes open when I'm there now though, maybe catch you sometime.

I see a vision ... up and down the country lots of IS200's on the hard shoulder, hazard lights on, and the owner walking away with a green fuel can! :D

Guys, just think of all the $hit at the bottom of your tank you'd suck into the engine by leaving it so low! :nuke:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links