Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Whats Requierd For An S/c Conversion Of My Is200

Hey guys!

As Ive seen you all getting s/c I wanna do it to :)

But my question is.. Whats needed? Im aiming for something around 210-220 with stock internals.

Ive found an Eaton m45, running it somewhere around 0.45-0.50 boost would prolly be nice.

For the rest of the engine,

What kinda Ecu shall i use?

Bigger Injectors?

I need somekind of Blow off valve right since when ur motor braking it revs high? or should i have some kind of vale that is controled from the throttle?

Do u have to do anything with the ignition?

anything im missing please tell me.

Best regards // Robin

its a M62 that is used - best is to look for a used TTE SC kit or contact Bemani in switzerland

Ok rob :) Any do you know how much u can get out of the 1G-FE with sc, is it possible to get 210hp without forged internals. where can i find an used tte sc kit?

you will need to check power limitations of the 1G-FE engine some guys here on the forum. i have heard some of the guys on here running 240 bhp on stock internals but i think anything higher requires more modifications. best to check.

with regard to superchargers TTE dont make them anyomre so you will need to sdource a second hand unit. they are few and far between at themoment and ghwh they do come up for sale they move very quickly. alternatively if you are prepared to wait dave @ prolex is have a new kit made using a Lyncolm Supercharger but as far as i am aware this will not be able for a while yet.

You can get 210 from stock internals. I'm running a TTE M62 charger, with an induction kit and Larger intercooler and i'm running 217 at the fly.

The M45 is the same charger as the Mini Cooper and although Eaton say its suitable for an engine up to 2.0L its best to get a M62.

Running .4-.5 bar you may need the internals doing, the jury's still out on that one but you should get 250bhp with that. Gord/Prolex can possibly help you out with the size of pulleys you need.

ECU; for boost up to and including .3bar (standard TTE kit Boost) a HKS FCD is all thats really needed, to stop you hitting the fuel cut. (though the TTE kit comes with a black box that does a similar job and perfectly capable of the task)

As for a BOV you can have one (the HKS is recommended, i have one personally) but its not needed if you have a throttle controlled bypass pipe.

Hope this helps mate.

Stav

You can get 210 from stock internals. I'm running a TTE M62 charger, with an induction kit and Larger intercooler and i'm running 217 at the fly.

The M45 is the same charger as the Mini Cooper and although Eaton say its suitable for an engine up to 2.0L its best to get a M62.

Running .4-.5 bar you may need the internals doing, the jury's still out on that one but you should get 250bhp with that. Gord/Prolex can possibly help you out with the size of pulleys you need.

ECU; for boost up to and including .3bar (standard TTE kit Boost) a HKS FCD is all thats really needed, to stop you hitting the fuel cut. (though the TTE kit comes with a black box that does a similar job and perfectly capable of the task)

As for a BOV you can have one (the HKS is recommended, i have one personally) but its not needed if you have a throttle controlled bypass pipe.

Hope this helps mate.

Stav

is it not the cooper s that has the s/c???

Hope this helps mate.

Stav

is it not the cooper s that has the s/c???

Yeah sorry forgot that lol

Am i wrong but istnt gord`s up for sale? i could be totaly wrong :crybaby:

Sold now, just got fitted to the new owners car today :D

whose the new owner Gord? anyone on here?

Stav

Yep from Here, im sure he will post when he gets home (down south) Steve fitted lots of other parts for him to :D

Ps @ Stav, Steve fitted the HKS fcd and setting was better @ 9 he said :winky:

Im gonna try get in touch with Bemani.ch

Thanks for the help guys. anyway i live in sweden, not sure how many that got this conversion done here. But if i could get my hands on the TTE or something smillar that would be super. If not i think im gonna scrap something else together.

Thou i was talking with the local tuning shop about making that kind of conversion, they had some nice ideas, thou im not always that kind of guy that let someon else do the work since i wanna be the one doing it.

Last year i was thinking about the is200supra conversion but the trannys are hard to get and they are pricey aswell.

Im never gonna get an s/c or t/c conversion leagal here in sweden but who cares.

Anyway how come some of the guys got alot more hp on their turbocharged ones then the S/c ones is cus of the conrods and piston that cant handle that kind of substained boost.

How much can the engine handle without breaking?

Good good, what sort of bits!! i'm curious now!

Setting 9 you say? good good thanks for that i'll have to get round to fitting mine at some point.

Stav

Janspeed, ArB's, springs, yer set @ 9, think he tryed 8 1st, but 9 was much better.

The unichip was controling my ecu, didn't have black box fitted :o

How much can the engine handle without breaking?
tricky question.

The answer is anywhere between 200 and 260bhp.

I think with turbo there are a few around 250 running fine with a SC I do not know any above 240 with standard internals

• 2 weeks later...

Hey again!

About the supercharger, think im ordering an eaton m62 tomorrow if my wallet allow that. and except for that what is the inlet part called on ur tte charger the one with an trottle controled valve, But as i saw something on an eaton suppliers homepage that they sell some vaccum controlled bypassvalves that close the bypass while accelerating and that and opens it when idle. might work dunno thou how efective that is against the tte one.

And u guys think ill be ok with only an FCD connected to the ecu?

lets hope the project starts soon :)

Ok.

Ive spoken with an company here in sweden that sells compressors that looks quite the same as urs. its an m62 eaton. Thou something i need is the size of the pulleys, the one on the compressor and the one ive have to switch can anyone help me :P

Except for that im just waiting for my sallary to arrive before ive order one of these :)

the vac valve is not suited for road use and can cause warning lights to occur also if it fails it fails in the closed position so not suc a great idea.

the pulley on the water pump is 130mm and i seem to remember on the compressor is 88mm???

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links