Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Is200 Alloys - New Or Refurbish?

seanog5

Hi Guys,

the wheels on my IS200 are buggered, they need replacing.

options are:

Refurb from PX Wheels approx £312 (as i want all 5 doing if refurb) inc balancing etc as i will drive there, gunmetal grey finish rather than silver

or

brand new without tyres in 17" so i can use my old tyres (that are nearly new) aprox £480 - £600 depending on type

wheels i like the look of

Rotas GTR £607

gtr_silver_polished_lip-425x425.jpg

Rotas Torque Drift £558

torque_gunmetal-425x425.jpg

Rotas Grid Drift £588

grid_drift_mattbronze-425x425.jpg

Inovit STVI £480

STVIGUN.jpg

Inovti WK £480

or stock in gunmetal

as you can tell i really like the look of the jap style as above,

car is blue as in my avatar

what would you do?

regards

Sean

If it was me (and everyone is bound to be different) I'd wait until the tyres on my stock wheels were shot then upgrade to a larger set of rims (18/19") with new tyres.

I just couldn't justify splashing out on new wheels if they were the same size as the stock ones :s

thats teh major problem i have they are nearly brand new tyres and only now have the wheels started to leak air etc, had them re seated twice now and they are still seeping air as they are so corroded around teh lip on the front and back :(

I suppose you could try selling the tyres? You wont get what you paid obviously, but it might take the sting out of the upgrade.

I just know by the style of wheel that you're looking at that you will wish you'd gone larger a few weeks / months down the line :s

I bought a set of these,17 " 8JJ PCD 114.3,bore 67.1 (spigots to 60.1 £5.00) Offset 35, new off Mitsubishi Evo 9 for £160.00 and then had my tyres swopped over,they are still available but the price has increased.

wheels2-1.jpg

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links