Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

As you may know I've recently bought a silver ls430. It needs a rear bumper and a few other bits. I've been told of one going cheap and was thinking of buying it to take parts off. Does anyone need anything as I'm trying to work out if it's going to be worth it . This isn't a for sale thread mods I've not got it yet. Feel free to remove if you feel the need

I think it's a great idea as well, as long as you have space.  It's something I considered at one time but unfortunately I no longer have that space.

Not sure I have the space to be honest. My wife's car or my lexus will have to go on the rd. The available free space is taken up by my mx5 project. So it'll be a case of trying to get rid of as much as poss quick. Just bugs me as I've just paid 175 for an amp and a bumper prob going send me back that again. And the complete car is 600

is it the one in Lichfield?  He was selling all 3 for £3k!  What  a deal if as Phil says you have the space. 

I was looking around for centre caps (on an LS400), a breaker wanted £25 for one!

So I bought 5 old wheels, with 4 centre caps for £100.  In fact I have had 4 of them shot blasted (£40), and hopefully next week will get them powder coated (£80).

Looking now it's much cheaper to buy a car and strip it down (my lack of knowledge would inhibit that of course)  Certainly saves scrapping them.

Trouble is with my track record of getting bored with cars I'm not sure how long I'd keep my ls anyway. But I must admit I'm quite impressed with it.even considering lpg ing it. I just don't fancy having a ls shape shell on the drive. 

50 minutes ago, Chasdad said:

Trouble is with my track record of getting bored with cars I'm not sure how long I'd keep my ls anyway. But I must admit I'm quite impressed with it.even considering lpg ing it. I just don't fancy having a ls shape shell on the drive. 

if you could find someone nearby who could help you disassemble the main bits, maybe put those in a garage/shed?

then sell the shell for scrap? Wife gets to put her car back on the driveway again (maybe two weeks later)

join up here as a gold member, start a link with parts available, updating as they sell off

job done, and the world is a better place

• Like 1

I was thinking about that . By the time I take out the price of the bumper and few other bits it'll probably stand me in 400 . Won't take long to get that back

4 hours ago, Chasdad said:

I was thinking about that . By the time I take out the price of the bumper and few other bits it'll probably stand me in 400 . Won't take long to get that back

There you go become a Goldie.

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/store/product/6-gold-membership/

• Like 1

Weighing it up still. It's 3 hours away  and I was thinking of getting it transported down. But it's too big for most and others are too dear. I've still not cleared it with the Mrs  .it sounds a bit rough from what dealer told me . Making my mind up tomorrow 

On 24/06/2016 at 2:06 PM, Chasdad said:

It's just a bit too far for me to go otherwise I'd gladly have a look.

I guess if a dealer says it's worn, it's possibly an understatement.  I'm surprised he's never put any pictures up, he's had 3 for sale for quite a while

That's what worries me. If a dealer says its bad it maybe terrible. I've asked for pics twice now and all he keeps saying is ill put some on. He said doors  are rusting and interior needs a clean.Make of that what you will. It's a shame as I may have lent it to my brother in law who's visiting for a few weeks then stripped it. 

Bit cheeky if it is. He never mentioned it . I'd want to be up to date with my jabs before I sat in that.

Good thing is the one thing I want , the rear bumper looks good. Don't know  what to do

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links