Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

7 seat RX is near

Lexus had released a teaser of its RXL which will be a longer wheelbase RX and have an additional 2 seats.

17-11-15-lexus-rx-l-full.jpg

From the teaser, nothing can really be seen apart from the L after the original engine and model designation

Even the taillights are the same.

Interesting to see how much larger it's got as its a huge vehicle already.

It will be released at the LA motor show on 29th November 2017

So long as it's not that Land Cruiser with the grille like the baddy in Predator.

We'll be replacing the XC90 with another 7 seater shortly though I suspect the RX350L may be a little out of our price range. Much like the new XC.

23 hours ago, rich1068 said:

So long as it's not that Land Cruiser with the grille like the baddy in Predator.

We'll be replacing the XC90 with another 7 seater shortly though I suspect the RX350L may be a little out of our price range. Much like the new XC.

From what Ive heard from some insiders, it's exactly the same design as the 4RX in appearance but just with a longer wheelbase.

I believe the RX200tL and RX450hL will be available in the UK

• 2 weeks later...

The RXL has finally been released today. Trim levels generally stay the same. The RXL is 11cm longer than the normal RX which is massive anyway and has a slightly different rear bumper garnish.

It will have tri-zone climate control as standard, along with power fold third row. The engine options remain unchanged

x17-11-29-lexus-rx-l-front.jpg.pagespeed

x17-11-29-lexus-rx-l-rear.jpg.pagespeed.

x17-11-29-lexus-rx-rear-seats.jpg.pagesp

3 hours ago, dutchie01 said:

hmmm, in my view the proportions have not changed for the better. and 2 extra seats in the rear crumple zone?

guess there will be a demand for it in the states through.

Yes, its mainly aimed at the states - will be a nightmare transporting it around the UK and I dont think it'd sell here at all

I believe there is some bootspace behind the third row so it should be OK in terms of safety - obviously won't be as good for rearmost passengers as the standard RX though but I presume they would have strengthened the rear for the 7 seater.

1 hour ago, rich1068 said:

It'll sell well. Why wouldn't it?

I'm what you consider a Japanese car\Lexus fanboy, but lexus ar pushing it with that front end. I have a GS 13 plate, but I hate the front of the facelift GS. So much so Im weighing up an A6 as my next car

4 hours ago, rich1068 said:

It'll sell well. Why wouldn't it?

I meant in the UK. Itll sell for sure in the US!

2 hours ago, Jamesf1 said:

I'm what you consider a Japanese car\Lexus fanboy, but lexus ar pushing it with that front end. I have a GS 13 plate, but I hate the front of the facelift GS. So much so Im weighing up an A6 as my next car

Well not really because Lexus sales figures are the highest they've ever been

Sorry, I meant for me personally. I like the the rest of it, I like the spindle grill on the LC and RC, but it just looks huge on this. Improves when a number plate is fitted I guess

Looking at other large 7 seat SUVs such as the Discovery, Q7, RR Sport, X5 and in particular the XC90, (which seems to be everywhere at the moment) I'm assuming Lexus thought "Yes. We'll have some of that". I don't think it's any larger than those I've mentioned and I can't see why it wouldn't be a success. 

In the states the size is not an issue. In the UK it would be more so, but its not significantly different than key rivals:

Quick google shows the L to be same length as a Q7 and only 10cm longer than an XC90

On 30/11/2017 at 2:19 PM, Jamesf1 said:

Sorry, I meant for me personally. I like the the rest of it, I like the spindle grill on the LC and RC, but it just looks huge on this. Improves when a number plate is fitted I guess

To be fair, it does look much better in person - doesn't help that the pictures seem to focus on the grill than anything else.

On 30/11/2017 at 2:23 PM, rich1068 said:

Looking at other large 7 seat SUVs such as the Discovery, Q7, RR Sport, X5 and in particular the XC90, (which seems to be everywhere at the moment) I'm assuming Lexus thought "Yes. We'll have some of that". I don't think it's any larger than those I've mentioned and I can't see why it wouldn't be a success. 

Maybe marginally larger but even when changing from the 3RX to the 4RX, I had some difficulty in parking - only a 12cm difference. The 4RX doesn't fit in normal car parking bays - only has about 20cm on each side and the doors are way too big so can't get out!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links