215 replies to this topic

#46 Sonnet

Sonnet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
  • Lexus: IS300 Sportcross with LPG

Posted 06 December 2007 - 03:50 PM

Thank you for the flowers Hando :) and congratutiation from Berlin to the UK to your new listening experience :D

Due to the reason that English is not my mother language it's perfect that you wrote down your experience in a real installation story.

Are you in electronic music? I saw that you own the new iPOD nano too. In iTunes 7 you can set a tic for gappless playing and the nano is one of the few player out there who can handle it. Finally I can listen to Tall Paul in my Lex without any breaks for hours!!!!!

All the best

Sonnet

P.S. I hold my finger crossed for all the guys with bottom cd changer that they will have the possibilty to you this adapter too.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#47 Hando

Hando

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 775 posts
  • Lexus: IS300 Navigator

Posted 06 December 2007 - 04:00 PM

Thank you for the flowers Hando :) and congratutiation from Berlin to the UK to your new listening experience :D

Due to the reason that English is not my mother language it's perfect that you wrote down your experience in a real installation story.

Are you in electronic music? I saw that you own the new iPOD nano too. In iTunes 7 you can set a tic for gappless playing and the nano is one of the few player out there who can handle it. Finally I can listen to Tall Paul in my Lex without any breaks for hours!!!!!

All the best

Sonnet

P.S. I hold my finger crossed for all the guys with bottom cd changer that they will have the possibilty to you this adapter too.

:) Actually I got a 30GB ipod video from ebay last week for 50. My previous pod was ancient and needed replacing, the fact that the GromAudio unit only fully supports 4th gen and later ipods sealed it for me :whistling:

But yeah it supports gapless playback - which is a godsent.

PS - I've PM'ed Scarface/Virus and asked him to sticky this post.

#48 Sonnet

Sonnet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 06 December 2007 - 04:10 PM

PS - I've PM'ed Scarface/Virus and asked him to sticky this post.

Lovely :D

I hope they will support this suggestion. Regarding the Generations of iPod I found out that Apple count the generations for each modell by itself -> the newest Nano is Gen 3 while the lagre Classics and Videos are at Gen 4. But anyway the important thing is that it works

So thump up and let it rock!!!

Sonnet

#49 MrADeveci

MrADeveci

Club Post Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,307 posts
  • Name: Ahmet
  • Lexus: Once upon a time...
  • Year: 2001

Posted 06 December 2007 - 07:14 PM

I've made this a sticky ...... well done Sonnet, brilliant find! :)

#50 SHAHZ

SHAHZ

Club Post Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,304 posts
  • Lexus: IS200 SE

Posted 07 December 2007 - 10:02 AM

Can anyone confirm if this work with the older style bottom loader cd player?

Thanks

Shahz has mailed Grom in the states a photo of the back of his bottom-loading head unit to confirm if it will work (I suspect it will) but he'll report back when he hears from them.

As posted in Handos thread........Good news fella's, i received an email yesterday from Grom confirming that the device will work with my head unit (2000, bottom loading).....get ordering people :winky:

#51 mAltezza

mAltezza

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts
  • Lexus: Altezza RS200

Posted 07 December 2007 - 10:22 AM

Just recieved my Grom, connected it up to my bottom loading cd player with err3, and Nothing, iv pressed the disk button twice but just flashes Err3, No sound, No control, No luck!

#52 Sonnet

Sonnet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 07 December 2007 - 11:02 AM

@mAltezza

Do you still have these CDs in your internal CD Changer? Your description sounds to me that the electronic is NOT switching to the external mode, because it stuck to the faulty drive.

As we have read from hando, the adapter works on his ERR3 Stereo. He has prob no CDs inside. If you press then the Disc button the electronic goes DIRECTLY from FM to CD1 (external mode)

@SHAHZ

Brilliant :D Good Luck!!!

@Hando

Do you have left CDs in your internal changer?

All the best

Sonnet

#53 SHAHZ

SHAHZ

Club Post Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,304 posts

Posted 07 December 2007 - 11:12 AM

@mAltezza

Do you still have these CDs in your internal CD Changer? Your description sounds to me that the electronic is NOT switching to the external mode, because it stuck to the faulty drive.

As we have read from hando, the adapter works on his ERR3 Stereo. He has prob no CDs inside. If you press then the Disc button the electronic goes DIRECTLY from FM to CD1 (external mode)

@SHAHZ

Brilliant :D Good Luck!!!

@Hando

Do you have left CDs in your internal changer?

All the best

Sonnet

Cheers mate, just bid on one on ebay.......thanks for sharing this finding with us :)

#54 mAltezza

mAltezza

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 07 December 2007 - 11:12 AM

sonnet, ya do have CDs stuck inside, pain in the ***** to get them out, all the write ups on removing cds are for the top loading players, have no idea what to do now,
Helpppp

#55 SHAHZ

SHAHZ

Club Post Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,304 posts

Posted 07 December 2007 - 11:16 AM

sonnet, ya do have CDs stuck inside, pain in the ***** to get them out, all the write ups on removing cds are for the top loading players, have no idea what to do now,
Helpppp

Not too sure what your options are in regards to taking out the disks, i suppose if it comes to it you could pick another headunit from ebay :question:.....i think i might just take all my cd's now, knowing my luck i will get an errror the day my grom arrives!

#56 mAltezza

mAltezza

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 07 December 2007 - 11:31 AM

ya its very annoying, in going away with the car on friday for 2 weeks With No Music what so ever.......... :crybaby:

#57 Sonnet

Sonnet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 07 December 2007 - 12:21 PM

Hi mAltezza,

I will post your problem on the german LOC board. I know that there are quite a few people with a bottom loading stereo. I'm pretty sure that we will find a solution for you.

2 weeks with only FM is an absolutly non going

I'll be back to you - hopefully - soon

Cheers

Sonnet

#58 mAltezza

mAltezza

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 07 December 2007 - 01:04 PM

Cheers mate, no, its 2 weeks with nothing at all, the FM frequencys on the altezza are diffrent, its much lower frequencys so i cant even listen to the radio, been trying to get the cds out all morning, i think its impossible, not having a very good day off, when i got to my garage this morning to wire my new lead, a plank of wood had fallen off the roof of the garage and hit my car, then walked round to the back of the car and found that my dads moped had tipped over and hit my car, so thats 2 nice big scratches on the boot and bumper, then finally wire up the grom and it doesnt work!! can things get any worse?

#59 mAltezza

mAltezza

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 07 December 2007 - 01:33 PM

ANyone got a head unit with external amp that there not using, that they want to sell or hire out for 2 weeks?
:tomato:

#60 mAltezza

mAltezza

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 07 December 2007 - 06:27 PM

Just got all the cds out, and tried again but iv still got err3 for some reason, PLz Help

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have