Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi and welcome,

depending on when the (0) light shows it could either be low pads or a rear bulb blown as it double purpose. Check ur stop and tail 1st , you may be lucky !

steve

Hi Steve, thanks

No, I had a different light for the Bulb and already fixed that. That had an ! inside the (O) and was located within the rev counter.

This light is under the speedo and the ( ) are 'dotted'

Thanks Ken

She needs 1 or 2 supermarket dings sorted and some stone chips touched up other than that she's pretty decent for a 15 y/o car.

I did notice that the power steering pump or rerservoir is leaking. I believe this could be critical for the alternator, right?

Is there a common spot where they leak and is that fixable or am I looking at a new unit?

Looks good to me. It is most encouraging that there are people out there - such as yourself - who have done their sums and worked out that the lack of depreciation and low purchase price will mean that one can drive a luxury car for less than some horrid, new or near-new motorised diesel bedpan.

Go on, tell us what you paid for her. (Whisper if you are a bit shy about this.)

Well, it's kinda hard to tell how much I paid for her exactly.

I took her as a p/x on a Porsche 924 I restored this summer.

Probably around £1100 I think. She was Taxed for 6 months and MOT till may '09

Is that a fair price?

Hi ,, yep £1100 is in the ball park, allowing for service history ,condition etc. Yours looks sweet. Common fault an Ls's is the power steering resevoir o'ring underneath the assembly. The oring is a couple of £ if memory serves correct. Someone will post the part number for you. It is a possible diy job but i had mine done by my garage as it was in for other work at the time.

Enjoy your new Luxuary motor car !

steve.

Thanks Steve.

I must say I am very impressed with the LS! What a smooth and powerful drive and sooooo quiet.

We also own a Jaguar XJ6 and I always complimented that car on her smoothness but the Lexus is in a different league..lol

If someone could post the part number for the reservoir o-ring, I would be very greatful :)

Probably around £1100 I think. She was Taxed for 6 months and MOT till may '09

Is that a fair price?

It's about right. And still an absolute bargain for what you got.

Had mine for over four years and it still gives me a little thrill (ooh-er, Mrs) each time I drive it.

Cant help you out with the part number as I haven't needed to it on mine YET!!!,even though the Lex is a smooth ride your XJ6 I think has one of the best rides ever in a car.

It does have a very good ride but the room in the front is limited. I am 6'.6" and for me it is rather uncomfortable on a longer trip.

The Lexus on the other hand has plenty of room :)

It does have a very good ride but the room in the front is limited. I am 6'.6" and for me it is rather uncomfortable on a longer trip.

The Lexus on the other hand has plenty of room :)

I only meant from the suspension side,

Hi Barney, thanks.

We've had quite a few runs in the Lexus now and she's amazing.

Anyone has the part number and know where to get the power steering O-ring?

Cant help you out with the part number as I haven't needed to it on mine YET!!!,even though the Lex is a smooth ride your XJ6 I think has one of the best rides ever in a car.

Well, you guys obviously have never ridden in a Citroen DS.....or CX. "Magic carpet' is so right!

No Chris, the DS was usually already a flinstone car at the time I passed for my driving test :D

Agree in some ways -Engine for instance- (though NEVER a 'Flintstone' car!) But the RIDE was amazing! And depite your bias....it would cruise all day in supreme comfort at 100 if required!

One of top ten of all time cars in style.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links