Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200 Front Fog Lights

Adgti

I purchased my new IS200 yesterday after part ex'ing my Vectra C. I've got a lovely car now with SH up to 100k (done 124k) with all the car pack except the owners manual....the book that tells you to operate things etc.

In my checking of all the important things.....I didn't check the front fogs....and although the dash light lights up....no front fogs. Headlight washers and everything else works.

Can anyone advise....ie where to check the fuses and point me in the right direction as to whether there is a PDF Owners Manual that I can download at all?

Cheers guys

Try contacting your Lexus dealer, they should be able to tell you. I wouldn't worry too much since it is highly unlikely that you will ever need to use them.

Thanks lads....yeah just been having a potter about and closer inspection as you do!!

I've never seen an engine bay that's so clean....looks like its come out of the factory!

Oh and how easy to change the bulbs etc....Vectra was fiddly and a right pain in the arse. Only let down I can find now is the interior just needs scrubbing up to my standards!!

Will check the bulbs though and get myself a handbook. Just thought there'd be one on here in PDF form......had one on my Iphone for the Vectra.

Thanks a lot fellas ;-)

Lock ur steering wheel to left or right depend which side u are doing , so u can get more room and be careful one the light cable short than other , so careful when u pulling it off.

To remove the front fogs youll need a 10mm spanner (ratchet style if you have) to remove the 2 bolts that can be found in the air duct next to the figs, dont use a socket as theres not alot of room in there!

I'd avoid the going through the wheel arch/ plastic guard unless you like the feeling of ripped flesh!!!

Your fogs maybe corroded, so becareful when trying to remove the old bulbs as you can rip the heads off them leaving the bulb part in the light!!

If they look corroded give them a spray with WD40 and let them stand.

The fogs themselves can be stripped right down to their bare bone parts so they can be cleaned and put back together, which i'd recomend you do if they look bad.

Good luck and let us know how you got on!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links