Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

235/60 R18 On Rx400H?

Hi guys,

I was looking for some winter tyres as I would like to change my 4
season Hankook Ventus tyres (they are pretty loud and I am not sure how good they will be in snow).

I found Nokian tyres with Lexus wheels. Tyres are at 95% (barely used).
The set is from a 450h (owner bought 19 inch wheels instead).
(5*114,3mm, 7x18 wheel)

Tyres are 235/60 R18 107V

I am not sure they will fit my RX400h as the standard size is 235/55 R18. Do any of you use 235/60 R18 tyres on an RX400h?

Thanks

They probably will - but you have to be careful of several things:

1) The rolling circumference - get that out by too much and your speedo will over or under read. Use THIS guide

2) Offsets - this is crucial - that is the position of the studs when taking a cross section of the wheel right down the middle in mm. Get that wrong and either the tyres will rub on the arches, inner wings when turning the steering, or not fit as the brake callipers will come in the way. I'm not 100% sure but the RX has a weird offset/width/diameter ratio as they are "tall" wheels. The lower that figure, the more the wheels will stick out and vice versa. You can buy adaptors off eBay to make the wheels stick out more (i.e. increase the figure) but you cannot reduce

3) Load and speed of the tyres - for example 93 (load) Y (speed) - generally for winter tyres people drop down a speed rating or 2 - but you have to tell your insurance company (many don't….).

4) 5x114.3 - stud placement in mm - anything else won't fit

5) Bore - 60.1 - I think this is the width of the central hole as it attaches to the hub. You can buy adaptors off eBay

6) The car will have been designed with a range that will fit - for example - on the GS I believe offsets are 38-45, etc - so check with the dealer

Tyres are 235/60 R18 107V

I am not sure they will fit my RX400h as the standard size is 235/55 R18. Do any of you use 235/60 R18 tyres on an RX400h?

I had 255/60x18 fitted on my RX300 when I first got it, just about enough clearance, I would have thought the 400 was designed with a bit more clearance having been designed for 18/19" wheels from the start.

But as stated above, there are several measurements to consider, I do not believe they would change centre bore and stud dims, but the offset has got to be checked carefully (it would probably be fine).

Thanks guys, tyres are sold now unfortunately (I was thinking about taking them to the dealer with me and try...) they were at a price of about $1k with the OEM RX450h wheels (2k kms in the tyres).

By the way I think the suggested winter tyre size for the RX400h is 225/65R17.

235/60R18 should fit according to this link where a russian 400h owner is selling this size from his 400h.

I have 4 season Hankook Ventus tyres (with 6,5mm) on my 400h which I think is not a good choise. They were quite ugly in the hot summer period plus these tyres are very noisy (they are "V shaped tyres" with 2010 DOT numbers). I wonder how they will perform in cold central european weather + snow thats why I wanted to change for proper winter tyres. I have never ever used 4 season tyres before, maybe I should just give them a try and see how they work...

I have 275/40x20 Ventus ST all season tyres on my ML........hopefully they will be OK'ish for a bit of snow, but I do like to fit full winters on really, I have winters on the RX (the wifes car) and run them all year around without a problem.

I have 275/40x20 Ventus ST all season tyres on my ML........hopefully they will be OK'ish for a bit of snow, but I do like to fit full winters on really, I have winters on the RX (the wifes car) and run them all year around without a problem.

Don't you have problems with road noise? My tyres are really loud...When I bought the car and took it to the dealer before the purchase the service guy told me immediately: Oh, these tyres should be good in rain, but they will be very loud. And yes they are.

No, not at all,in fact they are appreciably quieter then the Contis that they replaced and the Contis were only about half worn so not because they were getting too low.

If you look at the ECE tables the Hankooks are 72dB and the Conti Summers are 73dB but the Conti X Contact are 76dB (these I had on my RX at first and yes they were loud)

I assume you are running at the recommended pressure and not over inflated slightly as that can have an influence on road noise.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links