Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi All

My wheels leak so badly that I have to inflate the tyres every week. That is except for the spare that had to go on last year - it is not corroded yet . Does anybody know a good place for replacements? - I want standard 17" wheels for a 2002 no low profile nonsense..

Bren

Hi All

My wheels leak so badly that I have to inflate the tyres every week. That is except for the spare that had to go on last year - it is not corroded yet . Does anybody know a good place for replacements? - I want standard 17" wheels for a 2002 no low profile nonsense..

Bren

Hi,

I've got some absolute mint original wheels on mine, I think they must have been reconditioned at some point?

I want to get some better wheels on it, either the later style standard alloys or something aftermarket 18" in size although it's tricky to find wheel that will fit the massive front brake callipers.

I would definitely sell mine if I knew someone would buy them as I'd put that towards the cost of the new wheels.

Matt

Hi Brenda Haven't you got a tyre place near you that will take the tyres off and give the inside rims a really good clean? Mike.

You may want to check your spelling Mike, unless Brendan has had the op!

Hi All

Bren

I asked about new wheels when I had my tyres fitted but they seem quite limited due to the calipers. They did show me some nice 17" ones at about £600. it seems to be about the going price. While we're at it, how about an update and some more info re your suspension conversion?

Hi Brenda Haven't you got a tyre place near you that will take the tyres off and give the inside rims a really good clean? Mike.

Many thanks Phil I have turned him back into a man. I am quicker and cheaper than anyone in Harley Street. Many happy clients. Mike.

Many thanks Phil I have turned him back into a man. I am quicker and cheaper than anyone in Harley Street. Many happy clients. Mike.

You truly are a wizard with that scalpel, impressive!

Going back to wheels, I agree with having the originals removed and cleaned. As much as I like the look of a more modern set, the originals are designed to do the job efficiently, and have surely gone through rigorous testing, and the LS430 wheels don't look bad anyway.

Skill with the scalpel is one thing but it's skill with wheels I need :)

My wheels have been refurbed once so are stuffed. My local tyre shop cann't do anything with them. I was thinking about shoving some tyre weld in them - I am running on winter tyres that don't seem to want to wear out - but are a little noisey at speed. One of my mates at the golf club runs a company that refurbs wheels but he still wants silly money.

If you look online there are many 'bling' wheels available but I just want simple ones - it looks as if I'll have to get on the phone.

Bren

Skill with the scalpel is one thing but it's skill with wheels I need :)

My wheels have been refurbed once so are stuffed. My local tyre shop cann't do anything with them. I was thinking about shoving some tyre weld in them - I am running on winter tyres that don't seem to want to wear out - but are a little noisey at speed. One of my mates at the golf club runs a company that refurbs wheels but he still wants silly money.

If you look online there are many 'bling' wheels available but I just want simple ones - it looks as if I'll have to get on the phone.

Bren

Is it worth trying a breakers for a set of wheels? A guy where I work charges £45 each for a refurb, there must be someone near you that'll do them for a similar price, although I don't know how much a breaker would charge.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links