Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Looking For A Replacement Rear Bumper

Anyone know of a breaker that might have a Mk 4 rear bumper available or just the chrome trim, though I appreciate the latter would be a big ask as it generally gets damaged if its removed and a replacement is mega bucks from Lexus.

I see there is one on the bay at present but the paint is apparently cracked and crazed and would no doubt need a fair amount of work to get it ready for painting.

Not really worried about colour but really want to make sure the chrome trim is present and in good nick.

May have found a platinum colour one but seller has yet to send me photos to verify its condition.

Looks like I am going to get it repaired under my own steam then use my legal cover on my motor insurance policy to try and get my money back.

Cost of repair is likely to be just under a grand.

Hi Keith

There is a guy called Kyle McKee who breaks Mk4 LS400s and often advertises some but not all of the parts from the cars on eBay.

I have bought a few parts off him for my Mk3 (parts that are common with the Mk4) and it might be worth a try contacting him to see if he has the parts you are looking for.

His mobile number is 077693555594.

Colin

........ Keith, if my bodyshop guy in Ramsgate way is any good to you I'll gladly give you his number ..... he might be able to fix your bumper for very little money if you ask !!

Malc

Hi Keith

There is a guy called Kyle McKee who breaks Mk4 LS400s and often advertises some but not all of the parts from the cars on eBay.

I have bought a few parts off him for my Mk3 (parts that are common with the Mk4) and it might be worth a try contacting him to see if he has the parts you are looking for.

His mobile number is 077693555594.

Colin

Colin

Thanks for the number - do you by any chance know if the rear bumper skin from the Mk3 is common to the Mk4 as I may have found one but its from a 1995 car.

Yes, it does have an extra digit, an extra 5 which needs removing - it should be 07769355594. Sorry about that.

No, sorry, Keith, I do not know whether the rear bumper skin is common to Mk3 and Mk4. It would not surprise me if it was, as the Mk4 had a front end restyle but there does not look to be any difference at the rear. It might be worth trying to find out part numbers if you can e.g. from Amayama website or Toyodiy.

Colin - spoke to Kyle, nice chap, said I could have the bumper for nowt if I come up and remove it as he is going away for 3 weeks, but sadly the journey would not be cost effective for me.

Still trying to establish if the MK3 will fit the Mk4 and will check the sites for parts that you mentioned.

Saw a really nice aftermarket rear bumper with double twin rear oval exhaust tips similar to the Merc AMG look which would suit the rear end nicely but sadly they wont ship to the UK so may try and source one from Japan though that sort of VIP stuff seems hard to find for the LS.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links