Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Performance Figures

AndyF

Hi there Wondered if anyone might be able to help me out.

Thinking of buying an IS 200 and have been looking at the performance figures for the car Quoted in "Parkers Guide"...I believe that it quotes 0-60 times of 9.5 secs. This seems a little slow to me and wondered if anyone could fill me in with REAL times that they may have achieved.

Also are the Performance Figures the same for all models S. SE & Sport?

[Edited on 4-2-2002 by AndyF]

Hi AndyF, welcome to the Club. Yes the figures are correct, all 3 models are quoted at 9.5 secs. I didnt buy mine for the speed, i could have saved money and bought something like an MGF. Its the luxury i enjoy. Its quick enough for me. There are members who have turbos and blowers on their cars. Have a look at the many discussions over the performence. Have fun:yes:

Autocar quote 9 seconds dead to 60 - not sure which model that is, but the only difference is a few kilos in weight.

No, it ain't gonna snap your neck (unless you hit something :tumble: )

• 3 months later...

I have an ALTEZZA RS200 BEAMS AUTO TIPTRONIC, the one with steering wheel gear changer, The beams engine is extreemly quick. I test drove 6 different IS200s when looking to buy last week. all were lovely and handeld very well, quick too. However once I drove the Beams model I was hooked, very nice car would recomend them to anyone. Does anybody know what the performance figures are for this model, would love to know !!

Rs200 should do the 0-100km/h dash in around mid 7 secs.

With some NA tuning I've seen numbers go down to 6.28sec

For IS200/AS200 models expect the auto to do 11sec, MT 9.5sec

Supercharged IS200/AS200 times around 5.9sec- 8 sec depending on mods

Turbo IS200 around 6.6sec-8.5sec both auto times.

In Sweden they have tested a run-in IS200 (4000 km + ) to do 0-100 km/h (0-62 mph) in 9.2 sec. This was measured with instruments.

That's better than the official 9.5 sec figure. The auto I have test driven and it feels and is noticeably slower (11.5 sec).

The auto just sounds and revvs but not much action.

Lucky I got the 6 M.

Does anyone know if the figures for the 50-70 times more favourable on the IS200 ?

Like my old 306 DTurbo, I've always thought that the IS200 is much quicker after you reach 30 because you can keep the revs up and the VVTI on.

And like my 306 DTurbo it can still upset BMW 318 drivers which is always good fun. :D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links