Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

People's Reactions To Your Isf

Shamelessly stolen from another forum but the thread makes good reading.

I was in the isf a month or so ago cruising on the motorway when I notice a brand new Aston Martin (vanquish I think) go past on the outside lane only so slow down and pull up along side me. A guy was driving with his young lad and the lad was pointing at the Lexus :0)

Made me chuckle given the car the young lad was in.

Stu

A pretty much understated car (wolf in sheeps clothing) - even back to the 250, you don't see a lot on the road. I wonder if you took the badges off them you would get more people wondering what the car is?

But its nice to see others on the road especially when you are behind or in front of another the same - I had two 250's in a row behind me coming back from Chester a few weeks back but there is a dealer there so I guess its more likely.

My local garage only has another one, other than mine, that he regularly has in for an MOT and that is dropped off by a guy on his way to work who is not local so its nice having something that's not the 'run of the mill' - something that you would not lose in an ASDA car park against the many mainstream other cars .!

• Like 1

hahaha.. bodykit..

best ive had is "what the f is that".. i replied its IS "F"

also has a c63 AMG man question "is that a ISF" and then went on to say "that is the 1st one i seen on road" .. then we had short burst of 0-60 fun till we hit traffic.. very even all the way.

I've only ever seen one on the road in the Collier Row area, it's a grey one, not seen any where i'am, I stopped at a crossing in my local high street to let an older couple cross, they stopped on the crossing, pointing n chatting about the car, then watched it pull away at the side of the road.

I've only ever seen one on the road in the Collier Row area, it's a grey one, not seen any where i'am, I stopped at a crossing in my local high street to let an older couple cross, they stopped on the crossing, pointing n chatting about the car, then watched it pull away at the side of the road.

That will be me. I have friends that live there :)

• Like 1

Yes they are all 5 litres. I am looking into getting one but would like a 10 reg. I am going to check the situation with them in 2016.

Running costs will be worse than a is250 but not totally bonkers for a 5 litre from what I have read. The reliability is a big selling point to me.

The major costs seem to be tyres and brakes.

Having gone from an IS 250 to the F, I'd say about 7mpg worse, insurance would vary massively, depends on age, NCB, postcode etc, mine is £268 a year, with £500 excess, BUT I've not got any boltons insurance co offer,.....tyres n brakes are the biggies, plus the large service at 60k, which Lexus have said to be around £800, I also get a multi car discount. But WHAT a car, think most will agree, they are fantastic fun, a very enjoyable place to be

I travel a lot of country roads - mainly to work and back ... I have found mine (a 250) sticks to the road when using the paddles around the twists and turns - does the F feel as planted?

The only thing about the country roads, especially after it has rained is that you constantly need to clean the car !!

• Like 1

Yes, even more so, the F changes down the box in manual mode, unlike the 250, don't get me wrong, I love my 250 too, but the response from the F is something like I've never experienced, had an M3 about 10yrs ago, but this is something else. Still have my 250, honestly wish I could keep both

if your looking to buy a F.. then dont be thinking about MPG..lol

just enjoy the drive..

i had a E46 M3 last year and my F returns more MPG then the M3 which was 3.2 (straight 6).. but only by 1mpg.. better then -1 lol

To be honest I have never been worried about the mpg (as long as its not like a Hummer !!) I prefer to have a different car than the mainstream jungle out there - not paying out constantly for repairs (on the "inferior" brands) must have a benefit and break even with the high fuel costs so it makes sense in the long run to have a good reliable car.

I prefer the drive than any other car I have had although at the time i had my 200 I would have said it was the best car I had.

I am not looking to change just yet but the next one maybe next year will be an F

I am not too happy with this one at the moment due to the after market exhaust that's been fitted - has killed the car - the car is sound but the drone the exhaust emits it bad but with the radio up i don't hear it anymore. It defeats the object really for me about owning one as they should be a quiet car. Its been that long ago now that I cant remember how quiet it was before i had the exhaust done.

Thats why I didn't put an F SPORT exhaust import from the USA on, I got a typhoon CAI instead and that gives me a nice v6 rumble over 4k ish revs but other than that its fine.

Hi guy's.

Had my "F" on the drive yesterday, when the bin men turned up. Young lad collecting the bins was staring at the "F" he couldn't keep his eyes off it, so much so that he walked straight into the next bin he was collecting and knocked it over :shifty: .

Sitting in traffic turns heads, it's hard not to smile, the rumble from the twins at the rear is nice.

Also pulling up to the petrol pumps turns alot of heads too.

The "F" has to stand for "FUN"

Haha! Nice...

I do get a lot of people come up slowly and drive past slowly while looking across. Petrol stations is ace. Especially with the H&S exhaust. Turns a lot of heads.

My wife was following me the other day and said a guy heard me accelerate and she could see him looking for the car then he spent good deal of time behind me looking at it.

Stuno1.

Nice one, the wife took the "F" to work yesterday and I followed her down the road for 3 miles, same reactions.

She was first in the que at traffic lights, right hand lane,short dual carriage way I was right behind her, this young lad(I think) in a Corsa came up ths side of her reving is 60 hp hair drier, she blew him side ways just left him standing he didn't like it, I didn't smile much(NOT) !!!! Ha Ha :shifty:

It's great to watch it from behind, it has a great rear end and to know the car in front is mine :-)

• Like 1

was at the mid week car meet in Bham tonight arranged by Mltorheadz..went with the IS.. boi did turn heads and raise eye brows, had a good few sprints before being sensible and parking up.

few people asking wats that mate..still goes to show not many people know about this beast.. however i had one mad man shout across, IS THAT A ISF..lol thats when people started to take notice.

over all good night with sensible driving and heart racing ISF driving pleasure.

there is a meet soon "Germans v Japs show" arranged by the same guys (i think) in corby i think.. would love to see more ISFs.

here some pics (finally with my number plate on)post-35896-0-38627200-1435792912_thumb.p

• Like 1

Wish I could make it, we've a road trip to Spain, going to see the father in law, so won't be around, BUT will look forward to the photos,.....the cars looking good, n hopefully some more IS-F's will make it

also just found out there is a jap show this Sun 5th at Santa Pod.. hopefully see some ISF's

OMG i feel like im 18again checking these shows.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links