Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Giulia Cloverleaf

Very interesting Steve and I like the fact it's not the default choice like most IS-F and probably Lexus owners. Did you see this a couple of days ago?

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/used-car-buying-guides/v8-saloons-price-nissan-qashqai-used-car-buying-guide

IS-F gets an honourable mention.

Not seen that article before. Nice one.

Alfa are very much like Lexus in that they make cars that are not the default choice and are prepared to be different even though it loses sales.

Not seen that article before. Nice one.

Alfa are very much like Lexus in that they make cars that are not the default choice and are prepared to be different even though it loses sales.

And alfas are a pita. They walk the walk, but........

The Giulia does look nice and I've always had a soft spot for Alfas ever since we had a 147. I want them to be great again but the whole build quality has to be better to compete with a Lexus.

I had a 159 for about six years, what a stunning car to look at, but, the suspension, especially the front was a constant nightmare, fix one thing and another goes.

If I wanted a gorgeous piece of art to adorn my drive I'd have a 159 or Brera, but not as a daily drive.

Drove me nuts.

4wd and rwd options. That's novel for the same spec car. Can't imagine it being cheap. No mention of price. Blistering performance though. Thought it was another Lexus form the rear view with the exhaust set up.

Reliability will always be over them as a issue in the eye of the average buyer. Be good if this car doesn't suffer from any common issues. Also, I have not seen any prices yet so be interesting to see where the price point ends up.

The usual reviews will be out soon and just as Lexus; Alfa will get; "good car but for the same price you could get a German one, so we can't recommend it"

My Giulietta QV is supposed to be arriving off the boat next week so I'll see what the quality is up to on modern Alfa's.

• Like 1

you are putting a lot of faith in an Alfa, have you had them before?

Yes, had 4 and got my 5th on order. Never had a single problem with any of them. Only ever had problems with German cars.

i am put off German cars due to reliability and turbos. I have no patience for turbos and the faults they can bring up, in this day and age do you still need to leave turbos cool down 5 minutes or so after finishing a drive.?

That is absolute pock c0ck! Absolutely could not put up with that nonsense, I love the low maintenance and reliability of the is250, I am eying up a ISF and keeping an eye on them.

Yes get an ISF they are ultra reliable. I did 60k miles in mine and had no bother at all. You wont regret it.

Looks like Lexus are starting to down the turbo route as well, so get them NA's while you can :)

Lexus dont try to squeeze out every drop of power though. Im sure they could get 300 hp out of the turbo but it wouldnt be as reliable. Id like to see how this Alfa lasts as well, i'd imagine its more than £54k, close to £65k

I really like the look of it. The Sunday Times today estimates £60k and on sale Autumn 2016. I translate that as Spring 2017 and £65k

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links