Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Just wondered if other forum members left this switched on all the time, I have been experimenting leaving it on lately and find it a much better driving experience, also wondering if leaving it on all the time would have any adverse effects, apart from using more fuel.

To be fair if you leave it off you just more of the 'Lexus' experience which is smooth and quiet, gentle upshifts and downshifts

The car is never going to be a snarling beastie, but leaving the switch on can surprise the Beemers and Audi drivers who 'own' the roads and sit on your backside (or in your boot!) demanding they get past lol

• Like 1

Have purchased some winter tyres for the original wheels . Painting them gunmetal grey,bought 4 new original 10 spoke for summers.

Not owened a rear wheel drive for a lot of years so a new experience. Guy with bmw at work said they need winter tyres.

Well tried it out today a lot quicker pickup for sure, does the snow mode work .What does it do lower revs or is it a gimmick.

Makes the accelerator pedal less sensitive. You have to push it further for the same effect.

Has no effect on the gearbox as far as I can tell. Gear changes and revs are identical to normal mode.

Oh yeah, I've driven in snow.................normal road tyres, as long as you don't drive like a ***** its fine, Its usually all the other people around who drive way too quick

Normal answer do everything slowly, no sharp turning, braking etc

I drove my neighbour's 323i Beemer in the snow early this year....I suppose its comparable in power to a 250, and, of course, its RWD too......he has Vredestein Wintracs fitted. We have a fairly steep hill, with a bend halfway up it, leading to our houses. The 323 was amazing on winter tyres, straight up the hill, round the bend and onto his drive....no skidding, no wheelspin, no fuss. Previous years, if its snowed, he's had to leave it half a mile away at the bottom of the hill.

I've been a convert to winter tyres for years. Our Espace had Avon Ice Tourings all round, our Doblo van was on Matador MP59s, both bought after reading reviews here http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/

Its a faff swapping over, but well worth it. Our IS250 will be getting winters fitted in November. I'd thought of some decent all-season ones to save keep having to change them.

Pete

Thanks for that i fitted winters to my front wheel drive octavias, could not believe the grip. Not that we have had any really bad weather, i finish work early hours, so dont want to get caught out. I love this forum quick reply from knowledgeable people.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links