Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Standard Feature?

cheeky

Just noticed from my brochure that the SE spec now boasts a 'windscreen de-icer'. Is this so?? And if so, am I right in thinking it works like Ford's quick-clear.

Could be new for 2004 model I suppose. Test deove a current SE yesterday and did not notice this feature. From the brochure again, S and Sport models do not have this fitted...

It is on the current models, it just heats the area where the wipers park.

The Ford version is trademarked so nobody else can copy it :(

Not for much longer, I believe the licences run out at the end of this year, although I could be wrong.

One option that is the business, and is sadly missed on my Lexus :angry:

And Remember Volvo had them long before FORD

mine has it too, down where the wipers are. Think it comes on when switched to front window demist????

When I was up at Reading Monday morning, was looking at the new brochure. See they have also added brake assist and EBD (Electronic Brake Force Distribution) to the IS as standard.

Not fair that!!

I'm assuming that this is on my 2001 IS200 Sport too? How is it activated? Does it come on with the rear window heater?

AFAIK all SEs and Sports have it. It comes on with the rear window heater.

I thought it ran off the heated door mirrors???

On pre-October 2001 models the door mirrors are heated all the time, and the front screen comes on with the rear.

On later models I think they all come on together? (not sure about that, mine's pre-facelift)

Correct lexicon, Just checked my owners manual and yes all three (rear window, outside door mirrors and front screen) all come together when you press the Rear/Door Mirror defogger switch, I guess Lexus could not fit three symbols on the switch to show this :) all it shows on the switch is the rear window and door mirror(s).

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links