Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Ipod Touch (6th Generation)/is300h Sound System

Last week my iPod Classic 160GB suddenly died on me, and after several attempts to

revive it, its death was finally officially certified by an apple dealer.

Having debated with myself about meeting the asking price for an Iphone 6 128GB,

which is capable of incorporating all the functions of a high-capacity iPod and would

therefore have met my requirements in a single device, which would have been nice,

I decided to stick with my puny but adequate Iphone 4s and buy a newly-launched

iPod Touch 128GB (this capacity available only direct from Apple) for about half the

price.

So, once I had filled the new iPod with about 112GB of Music etc., and looking

forward to using the Bluetooth function not available on the Classic, but dreading

possible problems with the 300h's sound system, not only with regard to connectivity

but also to a long wait while the system fully "digested" the large amount of data as

occurred when I originally connected the Classic via USB, I nervously settled into my

seat and went through the motions of connecting the new device to the system. To

my amazement and delight, the connection was instantaneous, stable and error-free,

and complete with original album or other Apple-supplied artwork. Like a child with

a new toy, I scrolled up and down the 9500+ songs in the iPod arbitrarily stopping

and starting here and there and fiddling with the settings etc., and not once did the

system fail me.

Whether this is due to the goodness of the 6th Generation iPod Touch and/or its use of

the latest BT (Version 4.1), I don't know. What I do know is that the Lexus sound system

handles it very well indeed (having read criticisms on this Forum I have never seen fit to

update the firmware beyond "D"), so much so that it is at long last a pleasure to submit

a post in praise of it. :phone:

I did the same, got on the new iPod touch, works so much better than the classic did. My only issue is occasionally the system forgets I set up my Iphone for telephone duties and iPod for audio, and assigns both functions to one of them.

• 2 weeks later...

Further to my OP and maybe also Zayd's, I have been having a small but irritating issue.

My Bluetooth functions are set as PHONE CONNECTED/AUDIO PLAYER DISCONNECTED for the Iphone

and, correspondingly, PHONE DISCONNECTED/AUDIO PLAYER CONNECTED for the iPod. Although these

settings are obeyed by the system, both the phone and the audio player cease functioning whenever the

local phone signal disappears and then start functioning again, with a slight delay in the case of the audio

player, when the signal comes back.

Does this mean that the two devices do not function independently of each other?

That's strange, should not be the case, I've been through areas with no signal and the iPod has continued to function, I'm guessing reboots and re-connections have not helped?

Only irritating aspect from my point of view is that occasionally my car forgets I'm using the iPod for audio and the phone for calls and reverts to having the phone cover both.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links