Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi all,

I bought a used Lexus IS250 ago & have had a few issues with the dealer. I thought that their customer service was supposed to be second to none, however I do feel dissapointed by how I've been dealt with. I was wondering if this is now a common theme at the dealer?

Si

Hi all,

I bought a used Lexus IS250 ago & have had a few issues with the dealer. I thought that their customer service was supposed to be second to none, however I do feel dissapointed by how I've been dealt with. I was wondering if this is now a common theme at the dealer?

Si

Please could you elaborate on what issues you're having so we can advise you on the best stance to take?

Sorry this might be a long post.

When I first got the car I checked it over and found that the n/s/f tyre had a big chunk out of the sidewall, the o/s/r tyre was worn low & the n/s/r tyre had sidewall damage that had been glued back.(No advisories on the MOT that was done there the previous month)

Also the Cd Player wasn't working. I paid for a IPod adapter to be fitted but they were unable to give any instructions on it's use.

After speaking to the sales rep I was assured this would be rectified.

I went down & left it with them for the day & they replaced the tyres and said they would be in touch about the CD Player.

I left it two weeks as no one called me & finally got it back in the following week after chasing them up for the cd player replacement.

When I collected the car the SatNav wasn't working & the Ipod stopped working., They also damaged various parts of the Dashboard & even marked the Steering wheel.

I was not happy to say the least

I got in touch with the sales manager who was very sorry & said that he would rectify the faults.

Contd

To be fair he put me in his own car while mine was being repaired as we were going on holiday for the week.

However they still could not give me the instructions for the ipod & I've had issues with the sat nav.

After reading the manual I have no GPS signal so I have to return it again for them to sort out.

I got it from the dealers to avoid this sort of hassle.

Si

Contd

To be fair he put me in his own car while mine was being repaired as we were going on holiday for the week.

However they still could not give me the instructions for the ipod & I've had issues with the sat nav.

After reading the manual I have no GPS signal so I have to return it again for them to sort out.

I got it from the dealers to avoid this sort of hassle.

Si

Which dealer? Ideally you would need to get in contact with Lexus UK which should hopefully give you the quickest solution.

Sometimes the dealers tend to play it out to see if you get bored or deal with the damage - getting in touch with Lexus UK should get the ball rolling.

Sorry to hear of your woes. As above suggest contact with Lexus UK to get things sorted. In the meantime and as some compensation here's the iPod integration owners manual for download:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lbcziraqx8pb9xj/iPod%20integration%20owners%20manual.pdf?dl=0

Good luck

Hi guys, thank you very much for your advice and the manual! My wife called them today and they have said they'd get back to us. If they don't an email to Lexus UK will be winging it's way to them tomorrow night. It is the dealer in Croydon.

Thank you once again.

Si

• 5 weeks later...

Hi Simon, this is not the first time i've heard of bad lexus service,..i believe Lexus service in the USA is very good but then again most service in the USA is 10 times better than the UK and i don't just mean Lexus dealers , I have my car serviced at a japanese car dealers and touch wood no problems so far, I don't trust any car dealers never have and never will.....they are all ok when booking the car in for work but the minute you have a problem they fob you off or should I say rip you off, Lexus dealers are no different from any other main dealer .... don't believe the myth that Lexus dealers are the best.. especially in the UK , I think the cars are great, just as well being as you can't rely on the car being looked after by the main dealer.....BMW, HONDA Jaguar, Ford, I won't name them all but you get my point, find a good mechanic and I mean mechanic not a fitter (there is a big difference ) that you can trust and stay with them is the best advise I can give,........any update on your bad Lexus service ?

Allan

• Like 1

I got in touch with Lexus UK on issues, and the Dealer got back like a scolded cat in 2 hrs. Although Lexus UK said they'd get in contact with me early this week, but they didn't.

They can expect a strongly worded email next monday if not.

good luck

David

Missing Honda service and Quality control.

I have to agree with the general consensus .. ... Lexus service is no better than any other dealer.... very polite when setting it up, but all down hill fro, there :-(

For my experience, I had promises to fix a couple of things under warranty, just to get my business for the service. however, I later discovered they had only done the service and nothing else... and when I queried it, requests for money start coming back .... or even pushed to sell me a newer model!!!

I will not take my car back to Lexus, and really don't see the point complaining (I wouldn't want them to work on it again, loss of trust)... it will soon be out of warranty and I will look after it myself.

Well, just to even things out, I have just got home after picking my car up from the Lexus dealer.

It went in for a replacement flywheel and clutch.

Absolutely brilliant service all round. The flywheel was done under my extended warranty, no questions asked. I did have to pay for the clutch, but that is fair enough.

I dropped it off this morning and got a call around 3:30pm saying it was ready. So picked up my cleaned car in the afternoon with zero hassle. They did say that the service manager was worried that the car wouldn't be done today, so they had arranged a courtesy car for me, just in case. Luckily, none of the bolts got stuck.

Perhaps certain dealers are better than others?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links